FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Barlapipas 6
I bought a climbing rose and it is in a very small pot for its size with clay soil. It needs water very often and one time it nearly died from dehydration. Most stems survived but only a few leaves. Now it started growing shoots but there were aphids on almost all of them. I managed to kill most of them by hand but today I found more. I checked the few leaves and they were there too. I killed as many as I could find. The decline significantly, but I am afraid that some will survive and revive the colony. I am also afraid that they will infest my CPs too because they are on the same balcony :cry: . Should I keep killing them by hand, or are there more effective ways to get rid of them?
By Panman
I know that on roses you can use water with a few drops of dish soap to spray the aphids. Don't add too much soap or you will strip the protective layer off of the leaves and kill the plant (want to guess how I know?). I don't know if it is safe to try on carnivorous plants, which is why I haven't recommended it before.

Check out this article. https://extension.umn.edu/yard-and-gard ... oap-garden
By Barlapipas 6
So the same treatment I did to some basils for stink bugs. One time a stink bug laid eggs on my basil and when they hatched I mixed dish soap with water and sprayed them. The soap was probably too much and the sun was hitting the plant and almost leaves burnt. Also the stink bugs immediately died and were falling apart with the spray. I don’t think CP can handle dish soap but I don’t know. I will use other methods for CPs but they don’t even have aphids for now. My VFTs have yellow thrips that seem to have disappeared the last days and my Sarracenias have some kind of white mites that don’t seem to do a lot of damage ( but they probably do some ).
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!