FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Garden_Nymph
My lady luck had some basil growths. I have removed them and they are now rooted cuttings. But my main plant still just has tiny pitchers that never seem to grow. I'm trying to look up specifics but can't seem to find if she is highland or lowland. Anyone know?
By Panman
Before I killed it, my Lady Luck did best when it was outside in the hot, muggy Georgia summers. I would suggest raising the humidity or try misting it a couple of times per day with RO water.

FWIW, it died because it didn't get watered for 10 days during the winter. Prior to that, it was happy at room temperature as long as I misted it occasionally.
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Garden_Nymph
OH ok ty much! I will start misting and see if that helps.
By Panman
Just a warning, there are people that will swear never to mist your neps because it will cause rot. That has not been the case in my experience, but I felt you should know. I think it is likely if you are misting combined with a humid environment so that the leave don't absorb the water could cause problems.
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Shadowtski
Garden_Nymph wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:08 pm My lady luck had some basil growths. I have removed them and they are now rooted cuttings. But my main plant still just has tiny pitchers that never seem to grow. I'm trying to look up specifics but can't seem to find if she is highland or lowland. Anyone know?
Nepenthes 'Lady Luck' is a cross between N. ventricosa (Highland) and N. ampullaria (Lowland).
It was developed by Borneo Exotics for mass distribution in their Bio-Dome Terrariums.
It should do well in an average home environment.
If it sulks or hissy fits for an extended period, toss it in a 10 gallon fish tank under lights.
I have in in a basement aquarium under lights for several years now.
Just my 02¢ worth.
Garden_Nymph liked this
By Garden_Nymph
ty no aquarium here but inside (here in Houston) we average at least 60% - 70% humidity indoors so most of my CPs and airplants stay pretty happy. but will keep this in mind. TY
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!