FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By jaycbrf4
I got my VFT a few months ago in dormancy. I placed it in the kitchen window and kept it healthy waiting for spring. We had a few days of warm weather last month and it awakened and began to grow. But then the weather returned to 40s - 50s during the day and colder at night. So I kept it inside.

Now that the weather is nice, I have been placing it outside in direct sunlight for 6-8 hours a day and it has been turning brown and looks like it is almost dead. There are no more traps and the leaves are wilted.

How can I keep it alive and healthy?
By ChefDean
Just from your description, it appears that your plant is confused. Not which bathroom do I use confused, but which environment do I adapt to confused. Moving it in and out is not a good thing.
Assuming your other conditions are OK (water, media, non reactive pot, the plant doesn't have a crazy ex), it's probably fine. Existing growth often burns off when put out in direct sunlight. That may explain half your issue, now it just needs to be allowed to stay in one spot, adapt to those conditions, and grow. If it is staying above freezing at night, leave it outside.

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!