FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
Oh, the constrictors are…accepted, they might not exactly be crazy about them, but they understand ;) they’re not a danger to them ( unless the snake makes them hurt themselves :lol: ).

To my knowledge the indigos are a tad more to the south of me….there may be some around here but I’ve never seen one. Over the last few years there’s been a project going on to re-establish them in the Conecuh National Forest. So far they’ve let go around 250 of them in that area. :)

Have you ever encountered a cottonmouth?
By Intheswamp
Huntsmanshorn wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:03 pm That.. is... awesome. I have got to get me one of those! A plague upon those flea ridden tree vermin.
Though a very sleek, finished-looking, and effective model, I can't *completely* recommend this model, yet. Seems there's something about it that I'm afraid might come back to bite me in the bu** (or somewhere else), so I'm halting its promotion and the official product unveiling of this model (gotta break the announcement contract with Steve Harvey) until further (much further) research is done. :shock: :mrgreen: DRATS!!!!! I'll get Panman, yet....him and his Squirrel Defense 5000!!!!!! 8-)
:lol:
By DragonsEye
Intheswamp wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:06 pm Image
You would think someone working for NG would have more brains than that. :roll:

Never met a cottonmouth in person. Have read a number of research studies on them. Apparently, they are actually one of the vipers least likely to bite. One study, in particular, was focused on how close one had to be to induce a cottonmouth to bite. (The researcher wore thick, thigh high boots which the fangs would not be able to penetrate.) Interestingly enough, to me at any rate, it wasn't until he actually put his foot down on the snakes (not with enough force to hurt the animals) that the cottonmouths finally made a real attempt to bite him.
By Intheswamp
I’m not so sure about that guy putting this face up to the that snake. He was definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer!

I don’t know about any studies dealing with cottonmouths but around here they’re noted for waking up in the morning mad at the world and when night gets here they’re thinking about how they can be even meaner the next day. Seriously, the ones around here will charge you at times. I don’t think anybody waits to see if they’ll bite when they get to them, though. :lol:

I spotted a diamondback yesterday crossing the highway which was a treat as it has been several years since I’ve seen one. It was in the six-foot range but was already partially off the road when I spotted him.

quote=DragonsEye post_id=435431 time=1684187712 user_id=14066]
Intheswamp wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 3:06 pm Image
You would think someone working for NG would have more brains than that. :roll:

Never met a cottonmouth in person. Have read a number of research studies on them. Apparently, they are actually one of the vipers least likely to bite. One study, in particular, was focused on how close one had to be to induce a cottonmouth to bite. (The researcher wore thick, thigh high boots which the fangs would not be able to penetrate.) Interestingly enough, to me at any rate, it wasn't until he actually put his foot down on the snakes (not with enough force to hurt the animals) that the cottonmouths finally made a real attempt to bite him.
[/quote]
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!