FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By ZackNJ
I got my Helis today :)
I was worried that the snow we got could have delayed the mail but they arrived. I have not unwrapped them yet b/c I am still setting up my new terrarium. I will take pictures today or tomorrow.
Thanks for the comments.
By ZackNJ
Hi everyone,
I know that the small Helis don't look like much now but in a few months you'll see how awesome they really are.
As you can tell by my new terrarium, I got the idea of using an egg crate from Matt. Thank you Matt :-)

H. Huberi

H. Foothills Testigos

H. Puchella(Akopan,Venezuela)

H. Heterodoxa X Minor

H. Nutan Giant, H. Tequila(Variation #1), H. Heterodoxa X Minor, H. Tequila(Variation #2)
By ZackNJ
Matt wrote:Wow, they look great Zack! Congrats on the new additions. I really like the H. Heterodoxa X Minor.
Thanks Matt. The H. Heterodoxa X Minor and H. Tequila are my 2 favorites right now.:)

95slvrz28,

Im sorry that your jealous. Maybe one day you'll get one
By 95slvrZ28
Haha, don't be sorry for me being jealous. Thanks for posting the pics.

I hope to have a H. Minor or some cross some day. I just need to figure out where and how I would grow it in my current place of dwelling. I just love how open and symetric the H. Minor pitchers get.
By Lawndude84
ZackNJ wrote:
Lawndude84 wrote:how do you keep your humidity levels so high? my tank stays around 60% usually but I can't get it much higher than that without continual misting :?

Are your plants in pots or planted directly in to the tank? What kind of cover do you have on the tank?
The air pump that I have in there helps keep the humidity high. You can buy one at Walmart.
I have them potted separately using a towel on top as the lid, I've found that it keeps the temps in the low 80's in the tank throughout the daytime. Do you use your air pump as a fogger?
By ZackNJ
Lawndude84 wrote:
ZackNJ wrote:
Lawndude84 wrote:how do you keep your humidity levels so high? my tank stays around 60% usually but I can't get it much higher than that without continual misting :?

Are your plants in pots or planted directly in to the tank? What kind of cover do you have on the tank?
The air pump that I have in there helps keep the humidity high. You can buy one at Walmart.
I have them potted separately using a towel on top as the lid, I've found that it keeps the temps in the low 80's in the tank throughout the daytime. Do you use your air pump as a fogger?
I have a zoo med fogger. I also have a whisper air pump.
The 1/4'' glass cover helps with keeping the humidity high and keeps the temp. from going up to high
By kittyklaws
A belated (and very envious) Congratulations on your new awesome-looking plants! :D
By bombsboy
the last picture is cooler, the shape of the traps are awsome ;)
bombsboy liked this
By ZackNJ
bombsboy wrote:the last picture is cooler, the shape of the traps are awsome ;)

Thanks Bombsboy. I really like that picture as well.
By ZackNJ
If anyone needs help with caring for your Helis, I would be more then happy to answer any questions/concerns you might have about them.
Although I am not an expert(yet lol), I am getting pretty good at caring for them. ;)
ZackNJ liked this
By Aging_Bourbon
ZackNJ wrote:If anyone needs help with caring for your Helis, I would be more then happy to answer any questions/concerns you might have about them.
Although I am not an expert(yet lol), I am getting pretty good at caring for them. ;)
Awesome man! When I get a Heli I'll be sure to be asking you for advice ;)
By ZackNJ
allenc666 wrote:
ZackNJ wrote:If anyone needs help with caring for your Helis, I would be more then happy to answer any questions/concerns you might have about them.
Awesome man! When I get a Heli I'll be sure to be asking you for advice ;)

No problem Allen. I decided to write this as a new topic.
My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Counting to infinity.

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!