FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By wcrosman
I would stay away from perfect plants brand media. Last batch I bought had tds around 170 after numerous rinsings.

Potted a sundew with it after rinsing. Tds down to single digits. Two days later rinsed the sundew and tds back well above 100. This kept happening over and over. Almost killed the brand new sundew.

Watered and rinsed with 0 tds water. Swapped out the media and now in Single digits.

Posted twice about the issue here. This is number 3
Bird liked this
By McCWells
wcrosman wrote:I would stay away from perfect plants brand media.
Oh, Thanks! Sorry to make you repeat yourself. Do you have any recommendations for Sarracenia that I might be able to get at a garden center or other store?
By Barlapipas 6
I have seen some soils that are listed for CPs but they definitely aren’t. I myself once bought some soil and when I wetted it it became a disgusting bubbly smudge with TDS over 300 after 2 rinsings. At the end I planted 2 mimosas in it and they grew small but managed to produce seeds. A white and rusty colour crust developed on the top of the soil over time. I have some of it even now but I will probably do some experiments with it. Yes, this is listed as “ soil for CPs “
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!