FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By BxndiTSold
Hey all, so about a month ago i purchased 2 Lowe’s VFTS that I felt bad for and decided to add them to my growing collection, they had flowers emerging and looked healthy and (cut the flowers) but anyways UO till recently they been looking real good, with even some reddening on them and they seem to be some sort of dente like typical, anyways the problem that im having that I have NEVER experienced is both of these plants, they’re not pushing out anymore new growth from the rhizome at all, new growth is still growing! In fact on one theres a chute that looks like it could be the biggest trap on the whole plant soon, but no more popping up from the bottom, yesterday I was af Lowe’s and pulled the trigger again on an absolute BEAUTY, this one i did repot, because while the TDS was close to 0 on the last 2 this one was almost 300 so I repotted it immediately and upon doing so, I noticed that when (bug biting plants) they actually wrap a rubber band like thing around the medium rhizome and roots, i did tear a single root:( but it’ll be okay as irs a very very mature plant, but that worried me because coukd that possibly be the case for the 2 that aren’t getting any new growth? And id also like to point out on one of them, there’s seems to be little babies growing literally right under one of the leaves like little little tiny ones, thoughts?
By BxndiTSold
Also theyre kept under a strong grow light with about 550ppfd and a 16hr day length
By Intheswamp
The death cube flytraps are tissue-cultures. There's probably several (3?...4?...7?...10?...?) small plants in the bunch. You can take them apart and grow them individually or leave them in the clump. I personally think they do better without the netting/band around them. I've got one death cube flytrap that I planted last year and kept it in the "bundle"...it is a tight wad of smaller plants. I also took two or three of the death cubes and separated the plants and planted them in a large styrofoam minnow bucket. I lost a few of the small plants but most of them are growing fine and many are larger than the bunch that I left bundled together.

Btw, your opening post was rather hard (for me) to read. You might want to take a little more care with spelling and punctuation so people can read and understand your questions and descriptions more readily. ;)
By BxndiTSold
Sorry I posted that kinda late at night so tired ahah! But I see that they do clump a bunch of planrs into one, but i thikk the reason that thyere not pushing anything out is because of the flower stalk because I had cut it on both of them as far down as I could get it without hurting any of the leaves but I think it’s blocking them from growing either that or it’s still trying to grow the flower? I don’t see it going up at all but it’s still kinda green and irs been a few weeks
By BxndiTSold
Does anyone know if this could possibly be the beginning stages of false vivipary? It seems that there is a flower stalk as expected but a little tiny thing growing beside it that doesn’t look like a actual leaf
Attachments:
F454078A-BDC5-4996-BD92-A17BA47F7AE4.jpeg
F454078A-BDC5-4996-BD92-A17BA47F7AE4.jpeg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 804 times
By BxndiTSold
Here’s a better picture to see what I mean, looks like something connected to the stalk
Attachments:
9B727131-6D09-4791-A4E7-01F39926DE34.jpeg
9B727131-6D09-4791-A4E7-01F39926DE34.jpeg (3.25 MiB) Viewed 803 times
What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!