FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By JenAMX01
I got my plant on December an everything was fine.
Recently I noticed that one trap started growing inside-out, I didn't worry that much because it was only one, but two days ago all of the traps started growing deformed like the one I already mentioned.
I haven't change anything, they have direct sunlight and I only give them distilled water, the plant is always outside so it catches insects very often.
Please help, I'm very concerned :( :( :( :(
Image[/img][/img]
By Intheswamp
JenAMX01 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:34 pm I got my plant on December an everything was fine.
Recently I noticed that one trap started growing inside-out, I didn't worry that much because it was only one, but two days ago all of the traps started growing deformed like the one I already mentioned.
I haven't change anything, they have direct sunlight and I only give them distilled water, the plant is always outside so it catches insects very often.
Yes, the image wasn't uploaded where it's viewable. Please try uploading it again using the upload feature. But, if the flytrap is successfully catching and digesting insects then it appears the traps are functioning properly. You may have an interesting variant rather than a deformed plant. ;) Get some images uploaded where folks can view them and some of the smart people hear can probably put your concerns at rest or direct you in what you need to do for your plant.

And, welcome to the forum!!! I might as well be the one to tell you to check out the "Seed Bank"...carnivorous plant seeds for the cost of two envelopes and two stamps!!! You can't hardly beat that deal!!! :D
By JenAMX01
VFTnPups wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:04 pm Your picture isn’t loading. Deformities are usually caused by pests. Sometimes vft just make weird traps as they acclimate to the changing of the seasons. Please try uploading your picture again, so we can determine what the problem is.
Oh, sorry. I hope the picture load this time :(
Attachments:
vft3.jpg
vft3.jpg (168.71 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
By JenAMX01
Intheswamp wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:38 pm
JenAMX01 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:34 pm I got my plant on December an everything was fine.
Yes, the image wasn't uploaded where it's viewable. Please try uploading it again using the upload feature. But, if the flytrap is successfully catching and digesting insects then it appears the traps are functioning properly. You may have an interesting variant rather than a deformed plant. ;) Get some images uploaded where folks can view them and some of the smart people hear can probably put your concerns at rest or direct you in what you need to do for your plant.

And, welcome to the forum!!! I might as well be the one to tell you to check out the "Seed Bank"...carnivorous plant seeds for the cost of two envelopes and two stamps!!! You can't hardly beat that deal!!! :D
Thank you for replying.
I hope the pictures load this time. :(
Attachments:
vft3.jpg
vft3.jpg (168.71 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
vft3.jpg
vft3.jpg (168.71 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
vft.jpg
vft.jpg (142.76 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
By sans
Woah! :shock: thats a weird lookin VFT!
By JenAMX01

Update: today a lizard came and eat some of the traps :(
Because of this incident, I noticed that one of the traps had an insect, it seems to be a woodlouse, but I noticed that the trap isn't fully closed, I can still see most of the little woodlouse.
I decided to feed a trap to test if the other didn't close because it was a woodlouse, and it closed but very VERY slowly and I can still see part of the insect. Fortunately the insect was hurt and was unable to move, that gave the trap some time to close.
Could this mean they have no energy at all? Maybe that's why they are deforming? I don't usually feed the plant because I was told that she was going to do it by her own and I shouldn't worry. :(
The one at the top of the picture is an unknown insect that I captured at my garden, it seems to be like a cockroache; and the one at the bottom is the woodlouse.
Attachments:
vft4.jpg
vft4.jpg (143.18 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
By Blackfeather666
Plant looks healthy, new growth also looks good.Could be moon traps or galaxy. My moon traps don't get red like yours. Maybe galaxy. My guess could be a mutation typical. I don't know for sure. Just my opinion. Where did you get it from?
By JenAMX01
Blackfeather666 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:28 pm Plant looks healthy, new growth also looks good.Could be moon traps or galaxy. My moon traps don't get red like yours. Maybe galaxy. My guess could be a mutation typical. I don't know for sure. Just my opinion. Where did you get it from?
Thank you so much for responding, it's the first time I see galaxy and moon traps, I just learned something new :D
I bought it to a random guy in a mall. There was like a plant expo and I said why not. :?
Blackfeather666 liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

Supply the air fare and lodging and I will be ther[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!