FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
I posted this one on social media the other day but forgot to post it here! I really love this flytrap that I acquired in March. To copy what I wrote on social media....Carnivoria "Aurora Borealis" is like no flytrap we've ever seen before, and we've grown tens of thousands of flytraps. "Aurora Borealis" has a green leaf base and petiole but the trap fades from green at the back, to yellow, to nearly pure white near the cilia!! It also can get some reddish/pinkish color from what we've seen so far. We love our Northern Lights flytrap!

We are excited to grow this flytrap and hope to be able to offer it to other growers soon!!
Carnivoria Aurora Borealis
Carnivoria Aurora Borealis
Carnivoria-Aurora-Borealis1.JPG (375.8 KiB) Viewed 3217 times
Panman, Savethetrees4life, za419 and 4 others liked this
By Dhclark14
Hey Matt,

How has your Aurora Borealis been doing? I recently got one that doesn’t have any variegated traps and was wondering if it will ever produce variegated traps again.
By Matt
Dhclark14 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:04 pm Hey Matt,

How has your Aurora Borealis been doing? I recently got one that doesn’t have any variegated traps and was wondering if it will ever produce variegated traps again.
How long have you had it? I've only had mine one full season, but so far, Aurora Borealis seems to put up the white and green traps when it puts out upright growth in the spring and summer. By the time it progresses to fall and winter growth, the traps don't have any white coloration.

If you're only had it since mid to late summer or even less time than that, you'll likely see some white coloration on the traps this spring for the first time.

After Aurora Borealis being almost entirely green and whitish in spring and summer, I was surprised to see some nice pinkish/red colored traps last fall though! They had some decent anthocyanin in them but were more pinkish than the dark red color that many other varieties achieve in the fall months.
By Matt
Dhclark14 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:49 pm I just got mine from Jeremiah. He told me he’s had his for about a year and it has not produced any white traps.
Weird. I wonder where he sourced his? I got mine directly from the original grower and it definitely produced white traps last summer.

If yours is the real deal it should "white out" this summer.
By Dhclark14
I don’t think he got it directly from the grower (his growling says he got it from Jason B). Here’s a pic of my division from him. I’ll have to see what happens this summer.

Also, has the variegation been stable when you propagated the plant?
Attachments:
93BBCDDE-CE6A-4146-A52F-A1AE3322E2CF.jpeg
93BBCDDE-CE6A-4146-A52F-A1AE3322E2CF.jpeg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 2030 times
By Matt
Dhclark14 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:33 pm Also, has the variegation been stable when you propagated the plant?
I have only one division of it at the moment but I do have it in tissue culture so I will have quite a few to observe later this year.
FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!