FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live outside the US, UK or EU

Moderator: Matt

By Andrew
Thanks everyone.
Last edited by Andrew on Thu May 13, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hackerberry
Hello,

This is not the right time to send plants via mail. If you are still interested, I will send you some VFTs this spring.

hb
By CanadianCephalotus
Hakerberry is quite right... If you were looking for Sarracenia ssp. it would be an excellent time considering they are all still dormant, and shipping rizomes is easy done. I'm planing on getting quite a few large size Sarrs from Hawaiian Botanicals soon because there won't have to cut any pitchers off to accomadate room in a shipping box since their all dormant (depending on the species). I know Rick will be opening up his "awsome" Keehn's Carnivores business again for the 2010 season in the next few short months, and he takes paypal. He has given me a "preview" of his availability list and it looks absollutely mind blowing! He is offering so many species this year, I can't wait until he opens his online store :D!

Good luck with your flytrap!
By Andrew
Okay, message me when you think its a good time.
Edit: I thought VFT's were still dormant, but that goes to show ho much I know about CP's
By CanadianCephalotus
crushingandy wrote:Okay, message me when you think its a good time.
Edit: I thought VFT's were still dormant, but that goes to show ho much I know about CP's
Just search Keehns carnivores under google, check the site freaquently and eventually the store will be open again. I'll try my best to let you know once Rick tells me he is open. As for your assumption on vft dormancy, your technically right, they are still dormant but the problem is they cannot survive the negative degree weather we experience in Canada so alot of dealers don't like to risk sending out plants, especially since a heat pack is only good for 48 hours.

Hope this helps abit ;)
By Andrew
Okay thanks CanadianCephalotus. I'm going to try to stay active on the forum , here. Btw : I bought some seeds, and I have a fluorescent light, so I'm going to try to grow from seeds until I can get my hands on an adult VFT. Just trying to find the best method to get them to germinate :?
By CanadianCephalotus
crushingandy wrote:Okay thanks CanadianCephalotus. I'm going to try to stay active on the forum , here. Btw : I bought some seeds, and I have a fluorescent light, so I'm going to try to grow from seeds until I can get my hands on an adult VFT. Just trying to find the best method to get them to germinate :?
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load ... 26051.html

Check out this post. Scroll down past the first responce... I have used similar methods for growing vft's from seeds. Mine took about 2 weeks to sprout.

Good luck!
By Adam
crushingandy wrote:I've been trying to find a site that will sell to Canada, and also accept paypal. I was oh so dissapointed when Hawaiian Botanicals didn't accept paypal :( So if there is anyone in Canada that can sell me an adult ( Through paypal ) VFT ( Any ) I would be very pleased.
I just sent you a private message. But I have paypal and my plants are out of dormancy.
By emmalish
Keehn's is up and running again. I've ordered from them several times and Rick is fantastic to deal with.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!