FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Shar23
Hello,
I'm very new here. And kind of new to owning a Venus Fly Trap. I owned one in the past but I was VERY uneducated and it died fairly quickly, from over watering and repotting into a nutrient rich potting soil :? . This time Id like to keep it alive a lot longer so... here I am. Learning and talking.
I am a 36 year old Mom of 5 from New Jersey in the USA. My name is Shar, short for Sharon. I try to be a plant person, but I'm not very good at it. I can keep my kids and my pets alive and well but my plants... im still learning. I have a peace lily ive had for 8 years. Her name is Rose lol. Shes the only plant ive ever been able to keep alive for more than a few months. I had a Violet named Emily (is it weird that I name literally EVERYTHING? It lives so I feel as if it should have a pretty name :geek: :ugeek: )
My Venus fly trap came from Walmart - Rocket Farms. It seems kind of crowded and growing very low and flat. If anyone has any suggestions on whether or not I should attempt to repot it and maybe separate some of the flowers, Id appreciate it. I think it might juuuust be coming out of dormancy, some of the smaller leaves are starting to bud heads. For now its hanging out in my kitchen in a sunny window. I ordered 2 medium size plastic planters and Jessi Mae - Carnivorous Plant Soil from Amazon. I will try to get a good photo of her to post shortly, to show what I mean about her growing low and flat. I also want to come up with a creative name for her... if anyone has any suggestions. I was thinking Daisy but it just doesn't seem to fit :D Thank you for reading my little introduction I hope we can be plant raising friends soon.
Intheswamp liked this
By evenwind
Welcome!
By Andrew42x89
Welcome!
By Intheswamp
Welcome to the asylum!!!! :mrgreen:
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!