FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By LF42
Hi,

I'm using pure distilled water and i overwatered my plants so i poured the water back in the gallon. There is a bit of peat moss in the water and it turned a bit brown because of the acidity i guess.

Is it safe to reuse for my plants later? There is no risk of getting mold in the water or something?

Thank you.

By Intheswamp
What about seed germination, Panman? Do you use distilled water for that? I've been hesitant to use anything but pure distilled water for watering seeds and young seedlings...but, really, I don't know why I do that because I usually wash the medium in rain water so I might as well water with rainwater. For stratification I can see distilled water would be much better.
By Panman
I only worry about distilled water when there is a chance of mold or algae causing problems. Otherwise, I just use my RO water or rain water.
Intheswamp liked this
By LF42
Panman wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:53 pm It will be safe to use to water the plants. Just don't use it for anything where where you need pure water, like stratification.
Reassuring, thank you

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!