FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Panman wrote:That is super exciting. Congratulations. I can't wait to see how it turns out. We are hoping (fingers crossed) that I will be able to have a greenhouse on our new property. Not near the size of yours, although I wouldn't mind. Keep us updated on how it goes.
Thanks! I'll definitely be posting as we progress with construction.
Dan V wrote:Awesome!
My offer still stands if you and Jimmy could use an extra hand, can still turn a wrench, operate a scissor lift and have tools.
Thanks Dan! I will definitely reach out to you if/when we could use an extra set of hands. That might be the case when we set the trusses on the columns and perhaps a few other days with various things.

schmeg wrote:The site looks shady! Is that good?
The spot gets mostly full sun until the afternoon, then shade/dappled sun during the hottest part of the day, and finishes up with sun again until sunset. I'd guess during the summer time, most of the 3200 sq. ft. area receives 8-9 hours of full sun. That's plenty of sun for pretty much anything and it is nearly an ideal spot for growing flytraps. Missing the afternoon sun from about 2-6 will help immensely with keeping the temperatures moderated on very hot days. The amount of sunlight might be less than ideal for Sarracenia but it is still plenty of sun for them to grow well. I'll find out next year how it differs from the 1800 sq. ft. greenhouse on the hill that receives full sun from sunrise to sunest!!
Dan V, schmeg liked this
By Dan V
Matt post_Thanks Dan! I will definitely reach out to you if/when we could use an extra set of hands. That might be the case when we set the trusses on the columns and perhaps a few other days with various things. [/quote wrote:

Sounds good Matt, whatever I can do to help. It's supposed to cool off in a few days - upper 90's thru Wednesday then cool down to the 70's - perfect timing!
Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

Question Pest Control

Most growers opt for natural or organic pest contr[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!