FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By jetfire245
Apollyon wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:55 pm Edit: The rhizome depth and possible compiling water toxicity from a self watering pot will definitely not do a flytrap any favors but neither of those would explain the coloration of the leaves. Perhaps though, you took out the issue when you bare rooted the plant. If it continues, I'd treat the plant. Also, if your plant is now more above ground and it is outside, don't get nervous when the white turns red.
About the bare root part.... Since it was in lsfm, it was near impossible to remove all the sphagnum from the well established root system. Again, I saw no pests or any sign of distress when looking at the rhizome and roots.

That being said, that 3 in 1 is standing by. I sprayed it the night before I repotted the plant. If I continue to see stuff. I know what to do.

I appreciate your additional feedback on the bioadvanced. I doubt the plants like it, but I must want to make sure I'm not gonna stunt their growth or something. Also glad you told me about the media because I wouldn't really think to spray that

Edit: screw it. I sprayed it down again along with the media. I've got plenty of other plants to watch.
By jetfire245
I don't know about this thing y'all. I can't really tell if it's recovering. It's putting out new growth but personally I think the plant looks worse.

Edit: I just used bioadvanced because it did not get applied when moved to a new pot. Also applied azoxystrobin to discourage any potential mold/fungus growth as well as extend chlorophyll lifespan thus potentially buying more time for the plant.
Attachments:
PXL_20220825_140014030.MP.jpg
PXL_20220825_140014030.MP.jpg (3.59 MiB) Viewed 1140 times
By Apollyon
Well it appears the new growth looks healthy enough. Id expect the old traps to probably break down quickly as the new ones form.
By jetfire245
Apollyon wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:04 pm Well it appears the new growth looks healthy enough. Id expect the old traps to probably break down quickly as the new ones form.
I'm scared apollyon lol. This is my first flytrap and I cannot let him die. Yet 60%-70% of this plant looks poor.
Last edited by jetfire245 on Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Apollyon
Don't be, considering your treatment, provided the rest of the conditions for growing it are met, you shouldn't have any problems. Main thing I would be concerned about is new growth. Nothing can be done about the damaged stuff but if the new stuff is healthy, you're on the right track. Just don't be alarmed when those damaged leaves start going black.
By jetfire245
So happy. My original plant is now almost completely recovered! I'll never truly know the issue for a fact which really sucks. I just know the treatment I did must've worked.

Thank you for everyone's input.
Attachments:
PXL_20221020_163358764.MP.jpg
PXL_20221020_163358764.MP.jpg (4.18 MiB) Viewed 952 times
Apollyon liked this

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!