FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
One of the SASE's I received today had been stamped as postage due, when it clearly had a stamp. Due to that, it was returned to sender. However because the sender put my address as the return address AND the mailing address, it still got to me.
This is another example of a brain fart by the USPS. This is also why you should put my address as the mailing address and return address on the outside envelope, and your address as the mailing address and return address on the SASE. This won't be an issue for over 99% of the envelopes, but it sucks when yours is the one they decide to mess with.
For a greater explanation, read the "Return Address" thread in the announcements.
Dan V, Shadowtski liked this
By Intheswamp
This is interesting. So, for example, two lovesick but broke kids living a state apart could address letters with that of their heart-throb and also put it as the return address…and never have to buy a stamp?
By Intheswamp
Yes, and some type of postal fraud. But, kids...would they even consider the penalties, and...do they know the natural fear that strikes the heart of man when encountering a disgruntled postal employee!!!! :shock: :mrgreen:

In reading a bit about the same delivery/return address situation, it appears that the letter *could* end up as "dead mail". It appears to be a somewhat of a gray area among postal workers.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!