FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By AhmtBgraa
Hello everyone. The flycatcher doesn't seem to be able to do its job of producing new traps very accurately. First, he tried to pull out a very small, broken trap. (In the blue circle in the photo). Then a droplet formed on the newly growing trap (in the photo it is in a red circle). Like hall plants that sweat. What do you think is the reason for this? My opinion is that it is due to his recent overfeeding. At very short intervals, he caught many insects entering the house. I think this also tires the plant a little. I need your opinions, though. Thank you in advance.
Attachments:
VFT.jpg
VFT.jpg (1002.21 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
By Savethetrees4life
Looks stressed (leaf discoloration) for sure but one key thing is the new healthy trap growing to the right of your circles. If the tip of that turns odd colors then I’d worry. I can’t say much more than that. But there is hope. :) ✌️
By Camden
AhmtBgraa wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:39 am At very short intervals, he caught many insects entering the house. I think this also tires the plant a little. I need your opinions, though. Thank you in advance.
Flytraps like the outdoors; try acclimating it to your outside conditions ( if possible) and see what to happens. Hope this helps!
tommyr liked this

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!