FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By MikeB
Did they bloom? If so, the first leaves after the flowers are a bit short. The plant spent a lot of energy on the flowers and doesn't have a bunch left for the leaves at this time.
By TrapsAndDews
MikeB wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:07 am Did they bloom? If so, the first leaves after the flowers are a bit short. The plant spent a lot of energy on the flowers and doesn't have a bunch left for the leaves at this time.
They did not bloom. I'm thinking that it could be something with the conditions, because I have two of them side by side, and both are doing the same thing.
By Panman
How long have you had them under that photo period. I found that Dreamsicles under my lights forced themselves into dormancy with no change of light or temperature. I'm not sure why.
By za419
Panman wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:41 pm How long have you had them under that photo period. I found that Dreamsicles under my lights forced themselves into dormancy with no change of light or temperature. I'm not sure why.
I've caught my rotundifolia do the same, actually. Maybe the plant knows it's been so long since it grew hibernacula and it's time to go dormant, even without any changes?

Those plants of mine grew hibernacula, went dormant, and then woke up, all under similar photoperiods and temperatures. (While my madagascariensis plants took over the pot)
Plants are surprising sometimes. It's a shame VFTs and sarrs won't do that too, that'd make things a bit easier for people who can't have them outside for winter!
Panman liked this
By TrapsAndDews
Panman wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:41 pm How long have you had them under that photo period. I found that Dreamsicles under my lights forced themselves into dormancy with no change of light or temperature. I'm not sure why.
Umm... probably since I got them. About six months.

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

If you are going to use peat/perlite just slip pot[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!