FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By thepitchergrower
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:37 pm RATS!!!! I should've checked for your response before I did my elaborate testing!!! I put some (rinsed) sand and vinegar together and let it sit a few minutes and dumped it after I saw no bubbles. :| Hmmm, I'm debating on doing it again and letting it sit for a few hours.

I didn't see any bubbles, the vinegar was very clear, but I did see something in some pictures that made me wonder. It looked like out-of-focus stars in the background...teeny-tiny bubbles *or* some imperfection in the glass jar.... :?: :?: :?: The grains, themselves, look like silica/quartz with a few odd grains "here and there".
I wouldn't worry about it...
By Intheswamp
thepitchergrower wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:44 pm
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:37 pm RATS!!!! I should've checked for your response before I did my elaborate testing!!! I put some (rinsed) sand and vinegar together and let it sit a few minutes and dumped it after I saw no bubbles. :| Hmmm, I'm debating on doing it again and letting it sit for a few hours.
<snip>
I wouldn't worry about it...
But, but, but...I gotta have something to worry about! You know....OCD Me. ;)

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!