FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
Roger that. Musta been somebody else.
By Bluefire
I’ve actually never been to your home state. Besides… this is the internet. You have no idea what I look like. I could well be an alien fascinated with this strange planet for all you know…
By Camden
Bluefire wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:32 am I’ve actually never been to your home state. Besides… this is the internet. You have no idea what I look like. I could well be an alien fascinated with this strange planet for all you know…
*Puts on Tin foil hat silently*
By Bluefire
Camden M wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:40 am
Bluefire wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:32 am I’ve actually never been to your home state. Besides… this is the internet. You have no idea what I look like. I could well be an alien fascinated with this strange planet for all you know…
*Puts on Tin foil hat silently*
Ah, it looks good on you! Too bad I won’t be able to affect you with my mind altering alien beams.
Camden liked this
By Intheswamp
I've known Jim Beam and he was kind of mind altering.
By Bluefire
Intheswamp wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:44 am I've known Jim Beam and he was kind of mind altering.
So was a really bad teacher I once had but we don’t talk about him except to throw shade on his incredible incompetence.
By Bug_cemetery
I would be interested in trading if you are up for that. I have lots of pinguicula and a few drosera and other things. I would be willing to ship plants to you, and once you receive them you can decide what tubers to send in return. That way it’s low risk for you. If you are interested send me a private message and we can work out details
Intheswamp liked this
By DragonsEye
FB need not be that terrifying should you ever go that route. I sell things on there once in a great while. You don't need to be highly involved in any of the conversations.

By and large, I really enjoy trading -- it's like getting plants for free. Have obtained quite a few plants over the years that way. If you choose to do a giveaway, there are lots of great examples of formats you can use. With trades or sales, one advantage of doing so on a forum like this is that it is a much smaller community. I think one is less likely to get screwed over on that account. Plus, you can get a feel for the folks you might be looking at doing a trade with. But again, as others have said, don't feel obligated to do a giveaway, trade or sell.
By DeadlyCarnivore
I'd definitely be interested in buying some of those tubers off of you. I've been looking to get my hands on tubers, and now that summer has started. I've been looking around.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

By Bluefire
DeadlyCarnivore wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:56 am I'd definitely be interested in buying some of those tubers off of you. I've been looking to get my hands on tubers, and now that summer has started. I've been looking around.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Once everything’s dormant I’ll update this thread on exactly what and how many extras I have. Should be soon now.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!