FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank Blackfeather666 for his initial donation, and it is nice.
He has donated a pack of Mystery Dew. He got his from Panman, so it's the same Mystery Dew that is already in the seed bank.
He also sent a pack of D. filiformis "Red Form". Probably a Florida Red that got named something else along the line, but still cool.
Last, he has donated a pack of Nepenthes seeds, but didn't say which species. I sent him a message asking for clarification, so we'll see. However, his grow list shows both alata and St. Gaya, so....
The Mystery and filiformis are immediately available to all eligible members, but the Nepenthes are available only to donors for the next 48 hours, and every eligible members after that. The Nep seeds do have a short shelf life, so they got put into Tier 2 to make them available to more members.
Blackfeather666, thank you for your generosity.
By Sundews69
Nepenthes?!?!
How often does the seed bank get those?!
By Camden
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:30 am Nepenthes?!?!
I can’t really speak but I’d expect once every one- two years based on their flowering season.
By ChefDean
Sundews69 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:30 am Nepenthes?!?!
In the time that I've been here, this is the third time that I can recall.
Sundews69 liked this
By za419
Wow. Nepenthes from seed, that sounds like a fun project!

I won't be undertaking it, it seems like a poor choice to go from no neps to trying seeds, but hopefully someone who knows what they're doing will get to share pictures of some cool plants with the rest of us!
By Camden
Ehh, Neps aren’t too hard to seed. 50/50 LFSM pearlite then top it off with some milled LFSM, Sprinkle the seeds on top like you would drosera, Spritzer it every once and a while, put a plastic bag over them, Keep them indoors, and your done. Easy!
By Camden
HisImperialMajesty wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:44 am The Mystery and filiformis are immediately available to all eligible members, but the Nepenthes are available only to donors for the next 48 hours, and every eligible members after that. The Nep seeds do have a short shelf life, so they got put into Tier 2 to make them available to more members.
Well that is unless you’re into TC if I’m not mistaken.
By ChefDean
Location data for the filiformis and parentage of the Nepenthes updated in the inventory.
By za419
Camden M wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:08 am Ehh, Neps aren’t too hard to seed. 50/50 LFSM pearlite then top it off with some milled LFSM, Sprinkle the seeds on top like you would drosera, Spritzer it every once and a while, put a plastic bag over them, Keep them indoors, and your done. Easy!
What I've heard is that neps are really easy to germinate, but hard to get from seedling -> established small plants without them being overtaken by random mosses or whatever... I'm over here thinking "Maybe I should give a ventrata a try", I feel like I shouldn't deprive people who know how to Nepenthes already of the chance to get some interesting ones from seed! :lol:
Camden liked this

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!