FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
By all means. However, people are reporting that there's not a lot of successes with these particular seeds. I don't normally suggest this, but where you're an experienced grower, maybe do a mild bleach treatment or GA3 if you have some.

Order received.
Your order number is 0995.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef
By Panman
evenwind wrote:Although "Large Firm" does sound like a mattress...
:lol:
ChefDean wrote: you're an experienced grower, maybe do a mild bleach treatment or GA3
Or
By ChefDean
evenwind wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:59 pm Although "Large Firm" does sound like a mattress...
I would have gone a different direction, but I decided that keeping my mouth shut was better in this instance.
By Panman
cnrose wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:32 pm Did someone say Byblis liniflora bleach treatment?! That's my queue to shamelessly plug my bleach treatment instructions in my Byblis Germination and Grow Guide! (scroll down to "Method D")
Stop trying to talk me or of it.. I'm going the fire route! 🔥 🔥 🔥
By Carnies
HisImperialMajesty wrote:
evenwind wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:59 pm Although "Large Firm" does sound like a mattress...
I would have gone a different direction, but I decided that keeping my mouth shut was better in this instance.
ayo
By Camden
I can imagine the ad… TRY OUR NEW LARGE AND FIRM MATTRESS; NO MORE PEST DURING THE NIGHT!*

*WARNING: the mattress can eat bugs AND people if slept on for more than 4 hours*
By Intheswamp
Panman wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:10 am
cnrose wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:32 pm Did someone say Byblis liniflora bleach treatment?! That's my queue to shamelessly plug my bleach treatment instructions in my Byblis Germination and Grow Guide! (scroll down to "Method D")
Stop trying to talk me or of it.. I'm going the fire route! 🔥 🔥 🔥
Shoot! I don't even no which in of the seeds to point up when I plant them or which songs they like song to them and now you've got me going down a rabbit trail of smoke and fire!!!! :shock: Been reading some and it is definitely an interesting phenomenon (glad spell-check spelled pheneomenomnon for me!). One thing that really was interesting is that the smoke actually helps, via a chemical process, to scarify the seeds. It seems that the soil (grow mix) can be smoke treated to promote this germination process. Very interesting reading...and I'm just trying to figure out water germination and John's already building a funeral pyre to germinate his!!! I can see myself telling the fire marshal, "Well, I had this tiny little seeds so I set them on fire to get them germinating...". That would be the last thing I said before they carted me off for "counseling" and possibly shock treatments.

Thanks for the rabbit trail, Panman!!!!! :lol: Man, have I got a long way to go!!! :D

Smoooooke on the wa-er-ter...bonk...bonk...bonk...bonk bonk..ba-bo-bonk.....
Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, […]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!