FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
oval wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:34 pm I think he's just been eating that Imperial Margarine again...
Margarine? Margarine! You think I would eat that hydrogenated oil? That fake butter! OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!
Only the finest European (French or Irish) butter passes my lips!
That's because European standards are 82% butterfat minimum, where it's only 80% minimum here. Plus the fact that European cows are more free range/grass fed than US cows, that makes that extra 2% really stand out.
Panman, oval liked this
By za419
Is Irish butter also cultured? I know it's supposed to be a little bit better based on feed quality too.
By Panman
HisImperialMajesty wrote:That's because European standards are 82% butterfat minimum, where it's only 80% minimum here. Plus the fact that European cows are more free range/grass fed than US cows, that makes that extra 2% really stand out.
Not only is he imperial in his majesty, he is magnanimous in the proffering of his culinary sagacity to us lowly plebeians!
By Intheswamp
Ok, ya'll gone on to another language...from my understanding margarine is what you use to fry tofu bacon in...but should some of these other words be used around kids?...or even nannies as for as that goes? Real heavy butter makes most anything better. Reminds me of a big bite of goat cheese I had going down a river in France(?), maybe Austria(?), seems like a hundred years ago! It didn't help matters that every time you passed beneath a bridge (there were 30+ of them!) by tradition you had to make a toast and the "slice of cheese cake" appeared at my table at the end of the ride. :lol: Everybody else at the table seemed to enjoy my antics when I took a giant bite and realized it wasn't cheese cake. :roll: ...kinda reminded me, texture-and-sticky-wise, of silicone caulking. :shock:
By ChefDean
za419 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:37 pm Is Irish butter also cultured? I know it's supposed to be a little bit better based on feed quality too.
No, just churned cream. I prefer mine salted, but butter is just cream.
Now the liquid left over, the buttermilk, can be cultured to make it thicker and last longer.
za419 liked this
By za419
I've seen cultured butters in the stores that are just lightly fermented to bring out a hint of that tangy, deep sort of flavor that separates yogurt from milk. Really good on toast if you ask me...

I never know which "trade name" means what though. Irish butter, Swiss chard... Well, at least I know American cheese :lol:
ChefDean liked this
By evenwind
Perhaps HisImperialMajesty's avatar, rather than envision his daily pursuits, should reflect the storied (albeit sordid) History of the Empire by displaying a previous Holder of the Porcelain Throne?
images (4).jpg
images (4).jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
images (3).jpg
images (3).jpg (12.22 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
images (2).jpg
images (2).jpg (13.86 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (18.82 KiB) Viewed 1765 times

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!