FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By za419
My FTS OP crop didn't do so great, and I'm losing faith in my B52 self-pollination attempt... So I guess it's time to call in support on my quest to raise traps from seed :D
By ChefDean
Well, these are fresh, so hopefully you have some good results.
Good luck.

Order received.
Your order number is 0996.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef
By za419
ChefDean wrote:Well, these are fresh, so hopefully you have some good results.
Good luck.
That's what I'm hoping too - And anyway I did share my FTS OPs, so I'm not too torn up about them given their age (Karenwithakay seems to have a better environment for germinating seeds than I do...). Thanks for the good wishes!
By Panman
za419 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 am My FTS OP crop didn't do so great
I only got about 25% germination with the FTS OP. It is important to note for anyone reading this in the future, the reason that the seeds were given to the seed bank is that Matt did not feel they would give a good enough germination rate to sell.
za419 liked this
By za419
Panman wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:21 pm I only got about 25% germination with the FTS OP. It is important to note for anyone reading this in the future, the reason that the seeds were given to the seed bank is that Matt did not feel they would give a good enough germination rate to sell.
I think you did a little better than me, but not by much. Matt donated the seeds to the bank because he wasn't happy with the germination rate, and they were pretty old regardless...

Like I said, it's not like I'm torn up over the OPs - Honestly, my plan was to screw up with those and then plant some B52 x self's from my own plants - Which went sideways because my B52 doesn't look like it wants to do much seed-setting, so plan B it is...
By ChefDean
This request is at the two week point. If confirmation of the SASE being sent isn't made within the next couple of days, the request could be canceled and the seeds returned to inventory.
By za419
ChefDean wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:32 pm This request is at the two week point. If confirmation of the SASE being sent isn't made within the next couple of days, the request could be canceled and the seeds returned to inventory.
Well, now I'm conflicted! On one hand you asked me to remind you we talked about it if you mentioned two weeks, on the other hand today was the day I'm ready to go anyway... :lol:

SASE is in the mailbox. Should get picked up and sent on its way with tomorrow's mail.
ChefDean liked this
By ChefDean
Don't be conflicted. I get so much correspondence that it's difficult to keep track of every conversation. That's why I asked you to remind me we communicated about the delay already.
Your request won't be canceled, I'll watch for your SASE. Thank you.
By za419
Don't worry about it! Like I said, it was ready today anyway :D

And no, thank you! This place wouldn't be the same without all the work that goes into the seedbank.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!