FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By yardleyq1987
Here’s an outdoor grown B. Rorida ‘Taylor’s Lagoon’ . This forum saw it first Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
plantnerdjules liked this
By Nepenthes0260
yardleyq1987 wrote:
Nepenthes0260 wrote:
yardleyq1987 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:49 am I believe it was you that gave me his email address when I was in search for Pilbarana and Rorida seeds last year. Unfortunately, he left the world a week after my initial email. I was lucky enough to find a great Byblis grower in Germany, via Noah Juve. I’m hearing that maybe Greg Bourke took over the seed catalog? I don’t like to speculate on rumors, but I would love to have more location Byblis.

Not sure if I was the one who gave you Lowrie’s email, as I helped you coordinate the import from Maik. :lol:

I found one of Lowrie’s most extensive catalogues released shortly before he passed away last year. This was the Byblis portion. Unfortunately there was only one B. pilbarana accession with accurate location data, although there are a few other strains on there as well.

Yes, Greg received some/all of Allen’s seed collection. I’m not sure if he’ll reopen a public catalog as he’s generally quite busy, but it might be worth a shot contacting him if you’re after something specific.
Haha! Sorry buddy, didn’t quite recognize you ! But yes, 8/15/21 you were helpful enough to provide his email for me. And would you look at that, you’re the same person who helped me attain all these magnificent Byblis I believe that’s the same catalogue I saw posted online! So many varieties! Perhaps I’ll send Greg a message via FB (Meta?). Thanks my friend!

Oh, that's awesome! Yeah, I'd try to message Greg on FB. We had discussed swapping seeds last year but he's a busy guy and that never went through :lol:. A well-known Petiolaris grower is working on importing some seed of that complex, so you might be able to do the same thing with Byblis. So many locations on that catalog... hope you're able to track them down!
By cnrose
yardleyq1987 wrote:I’m currently in search for more location data Byblis. If anyone can offer something I do not have yet, please let me know .

I don’t have a ton - only about 12 or so different species/locations - and all I do have are originally from seeds obtained via Facebook - but feel free to shoot me a PM and I can send you my list and if there’s anything you don’t already have I’d be happy to send some!
By yardleyq1987
cnrose wrote:
yardleyq1987 wrote:I’m currently in search for more location data Byblis. If anyone can offer something I do not have yet, please let me know .

I don’t have a ton - only about 12 or so different species/locations - and all I do have are originally from seeds obtained via Facebook - but feel free to shoot me a PM and I can send you my list and if there’s anything you don’t already have I’d be happy to send some!
Message sent. If you can’t see the list properly, I’ll leave it here.. Image

Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!