FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Intheswamp
The worrisome Intheswamp requests, nervously and with many delusions...

D. binata "Upright Form" plus(+) Bonus - Mixed Capes

Let the solar oven testing begin!!!!

(I have no idea what "mixed capes" consist of but I've always admired Batman and Superman...Robin was always a little brown-nosey acting, though,...and of course Mighty Mouse was at the top of the class!!!! He even had celebrity stars singing his song...)

Link to a wonderful music video because I can't figure out how to make a youtube video work here! :mrgreen:
By Intheswamp
Cool! That's a great mix of capes for this newbie!!!! I'm torn, though. I've been counting the days until I've been here 90 days so I can get some of those filiformis 'Forida Red' seeds that are included in the rossettes!!! But, that's just something to look forward to!!!!!! :lol:

Now, to go get that torn spot sewed back up....
Sundews69 liked this
By ChefDean
Intheswamp wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:52 pm The worrisome Intheswamp requests, nervously and with many delusions...

Excellent! Our plan is working!
No sooner does he transfer many plants to his granddaughter due to lack of room, and he's already requesting more seeds. Our plan of enabling his addiction is unfolding nicely.
Intheswamp wrote:I've been counting the days until I've been here 90 days so I can get some of those filiformis 'Forida Red' seeds that are included in the rossettes!!!
If you really want some, I currently have seven flower stalks on my filiformis "Florida Red, White Flower" (Undisclosed location), some with seeds cooking. Undisclosed location due to it being an isolated population. I've been told by very reliable sources that this plant can be traced back to a single location that is measured in single digit acres in Florida.
Most of my seeds end up in the seed bank, but I can send you some before I officially donate them to the bank.
By ChefDean
Order received.
Your order number is 0992.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef
By Intheswamp
ChefDean wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:18 pm
Intheswamp wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:52 pm The worrisome Intheswamp requests, nervously and with many delusions...

Excellent! Our plan is working!
No sooner does he transfer many plants to his granddaughter due to lack of room, and he's already requesting more seeds. Our plan of enabling his addiction is unfolding nicely.
Intheswamp wrote:I've been counting the days until I've been here 90 days so I can get some of those filiformis 'Forida Red' seeds that are included in the rossettes!!!
If you really want some, I currently have seven flower stalks on my filiformis "Florida Red, White Flower" (Undisclosed location), some with seeds cooking. Undisclosed location due to it being an isolated population. I've been told by very reliable sources that this plant can be traced back to a single location that is measured in single digit acres in Florida.
Most of my seeds end up in the seed bank, but I can send you some before I officially donate them to the bank.
<hangs head in utter shame> I went to all the meetings. I told them my name and that I was a CP seed addict. They jeered at me. One gal (she smelled kinda like a mule) pulled a chair out from under me. I was the brunt of many jokes. But I stayed true to the course!!! I lifted my head up, I struggled forward. And then...THEN!!!!!...in a moment of weakness, yes, I did it. I did it. I requested seeds from the seedbank. Ohhhh, the shame...THE SHAME!!!!!!

HUH? You've got some filiformis Florida Red seeds coming on. Well, heck yeah I'll take some!!!! Whadaya think I am, dumb?????!!!!! :D :mrgreen:

Oh, and no I did not put any high-tech, nano bio-trackers in the envelope to determine the location of these blooming plants. And it is a complete rumor that my nephew (who happens to be visiting me) works with the NSA. Everything's cool. Carry on. :mrgreen:

Oh, and the lady on the mule *should* be by tomorrow to scurry the envelope up your way. And, if you happen to hear some very light beeps in the still of the night it's not nano surveillance bugs, just probably somebody backing a forklift up in the distance...or something like that. Think nothing of it.
By ChefDean
Yup. I was trying out some things last night and must have accidentally deleted it. Technology sucks!
That's what I became a Chef, knives and fire baby!
Intheswamp liked this
By Intheswamp
Ah, that looks much better...a little pompous, but better. :lol:

I tend to excel with my culinary skills, myself. Why, give me some ramen noodles, carrots, and some celery and I can make some mean noodles. Or, non-salmonella-laden JIF peanut butter and jelly...MWAH!!!!...perfect sandwiches!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Btw, thanks for keeping the seed bank running. That *has* to take a lot of work. Lots of folks benefit from it. Thanks! :)
By Intheswamp
I think the seeds may be a bit charred from the afterburner on that jet you must of used to send them down here. Postmarked June 30...received July 2!!!

Now to get these pretty little black specks in a nice, comfy, moist bed...or, maybe a nice Jacuzzi. They'll be cooking no later than Monday...unless, of course, a rabbit crosses my path. :roll: Thanks, Dean, er...I mean, YourImperialMajesty!!!! :D
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!