FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post your experience here, good or bad, to help others in future transactions

Moderator: Matt

By PlanT640847401
All of his plants arrived in good condition.

I got all nepenthes from him, a fresh sanguinea cutting, a rooted burkei x hamata cutting, and a N. 'Unknown.'

The sanguinea cutting arrived in the best condition, with 2 pitchers, but soon both started wilting as it was a freshly cut basal, so it is understandable.

The burk x ham arrived in good condition, no pitchers but 2 healthy tendrils, minor thrips damage on the old leaves but all the new growth looks healthy and I bet this plant will be the first to fully recover from shipping.

The N. 'Unknown' was ginormous, and took little damage from shipping. One leaf got folded and one developing pitcher tendril died in transport, but everything else looks as if it wasn't shipped at all. It's roots will likely have a fit but that is because it is a huge plant.

I bagged the two cuttings and have been spraying the unknown one with water twice a day.

I would recommend trading with SpecialKayme.
By specialkayme
Thanks for the kind words!

The burkei x hamata shouldn't be showing evidence of old thrips damage, because I've never had a thrips infestation. Can you upload photos of the damaged leaves? If it is showing evidence of old thrips damage I'm concerned about it, primarily because I missed it prior to sending it out.
By PlanT640847401
The suspect spot on the burkei x hamata dried up shortly after potting it, I remember it had slight line-like damage to it, of the typical thrips color, but it could of been a scratch or shipping damage. I didn't inspect it too closely since the new leaves were healthy.

Either way the plant arrived very healthy, and it's new growth is in great condition.
Burkei x Hamata
Burkei x Hamata
20220620_192931.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1234 times
20220620_194852.jpg
20220620_194852.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1234 times

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!