FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
thepitchergrower wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:42 pm Drosera intermedia comes in both tropical and temperate forms. The brazilian (YOURS INCLUDED) ones are tropical. I believe that is why Evenwind sent you those, because they are an easy sow and grow species. http://www.growsundews.com/sundews/dros ... undew.html
Yeah, so Intheswamp, you can just keep your intermedia and spats where they are now.
By Intheswamp
Me...overthink things? Nah....I wouldn't do that!!!!
yellow-monster-more.gif
yellow-monster-more.gif (29.35 KiB) Viewed 1993 times
And something tells me that you're right....that evenwind was looking out for me (somebody needs to!<grin>).
By Intheswamp
The intermedia's missed getting the deep-chill by a matter of seconds!!! :o :lol:

I put the tray under a desk lamp a few minutes ago and scanned the terrain with a magnifying glass. I spotted tiny, tiny, tiny specs of green vegetation in two pots...in the covered and uncovered pots of Intermedia & Spats seeds!!!! Are the specks going to be intermedia or spats or both??? Only time will tell. I only spotted one green speck in the uncovered pot but spotted three or four specks in the covered pot. Nothing green in any of the other four pots. Unfortunately this isn't the best light that they're in. I've gotta get them somewhere with better light (which is almost non-existent in our house...outside is way too hot...bordering 90F right now. Sunny and cool...doesn't really exist here.<sigh>

The white mold/fungus/crap is still on the one pot. I sprayed it with a little heavier concentration of peroxide.

This is day 14.
By thepitchergrower
I hate having the sow ones that need stratification. I end up sticking them in the fridge, waiting, and waiting, more waiting. Which is why I've only been requesting tropicals lately.
Attachments:
patience-young.gif
patience-young.gif (298.95 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
By Panman
TrapsAndDews wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:27 pm I just throw my temperates in the fridge and forget get about them (I really do forget about them), until one day I notice that they're still in the fridge.
That reminds me that I have some pots in there right now. Thanks. :D
By Intheswamp
TrapsAndDews wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:27 pm I just throw my temperates in the fridge and forget get about them (I really do forget about them), until one day I notice that they're still in the fridge.
Forgetting them??? No problem, I've got that part covered!!!!!!
TrapsAndDews, ChefDean liked this
By ChefDean
Intheswamp wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:58 pm
Forgetting them??? No problem, I've got that part covered!!!!!!
Some of us are at a time in our lives that forgetting things has become second nature, we don't even need to try. We have mastered the art.
I'm great at it, just ask my wife, um, er, what's her name....
By Intheswamp
I think I'm having a big problem drosera seeds germinating. I'm sitting at 17 days since planting. The pot that had/has the mold/fungus in it has not had any seeds to sprout. The other two uncovered pots only had a very, very few sprouts in them...two maybe three sprouts in each. The covered pots have more sprouts in them, but definitely not the number that I see other people reporting...the best germination rate that I've seen in the covered pots is probably around 50%.
After spraying the mold it returned in about a week so I retreated. I looked yesterday and now I see zero sprouts in any of the uncovered pots. :cry: I did not inspect the covered ones. I don't know what happened to the few sprouts in the uncovered pots. I did spray *all* the uncovered pots with the peroxide (1 teaspoon per 4oz distilled water) so I'm wondering if the peroxide killed the sprouts.

Halfway through this germination I moved the pots to a better(?) location. It looks like it is better to me...more stable temperatures and humidity. I attached a graph of the temperature/humidity during this time.

I kept the uncovered pots with a little water in the bottom of the tray, but not a lot...the surface felt damp, but not glistening as I've seen other people's pots. The covered one has had a smaller amount of water in it's tray but it has had condensation inside the vented bag throughout.

If nothing has happened by the middle of next week I may be scrapping the uncovered pots and starting anew. I wanted to get another pack of seeds from the seed bank, but at this rate I don't won't to be wasting more seeds. :(
Attachments:
IMG_4955.PNG
IMG_4955.PNG (354.4 KiB) Viewed 1867 times
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!