FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Richard Slater
Hi, i live in Wales UK and have been a slave to these fascinating, beautiful and peculiar plants for around a year now. I have a small (for now) collection that seem pretty happy on my kitchen windowcill. It faces south west, so gets plenty of sun, (UK weather!!??) in a mixture of peat moss and perlite. I have...
1. Sarracenia Leucophylla
2. Sarracenia Hybrid
3. Drosera Capensis
4. Drosera Neocaledonica x
5. Napenthes Alata
All seem to be doing well in plastic pots in a plastic tray that always has around an inch of rain water in. On hot windless days i put them in the garden to attract insects naturally. Which always results in the North American pitches "winning" in body count. All my plants seem to catch food within the house. Especially the sundews who catch small flys and spiders. As a result of this routine i have, ive never fed any of them myself,(which i prefer to do).
Im probably gonna be full of questions and eager to chat to fellow plant enthusiasts. So hi from (sunny) Wales.... :D
Intheswamp, John W liked this
By Intheswamp
Welcome to the forum!!! It sounds like your plants are happy! I'm a newbie, myself, and found the folks here to be of top-notch quality!!!
Richard Slater liked this
By ELee
Welcome! Wales is lovely, I spent time in Llandeilo many years ago. loved it! Enjoy the forum.
Richard Slater liked this

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!