FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Hang
Carnies wrote:Updated 3/6/22 - Leaf cuttings added, Grab Bag/Mystery Bags now available!
you already know im super interested in rare cultivars!
thepitchergrower liked this
By Dan V
Ignorance is not a sin, so I have to ask, what's the difference between a leaf cutting and a leaf pulling? I'm guessing we're talking about the same thing here if your "cuttings" have a bit of the rhizome still attached to the leaf as you would see in a "leaf pulling".
By Sundews69
A pulling is where you pull the leaf off with tweezers or your fingers. A cutting is using a scissors or something sharp to cut the leaf off. It doesn't really matter what you say as long the same message still gets across.
By Dan V
Thanks for the clarification, just wanted to make sure that a "cutting" didn't require tissue culture and could be grown the same as a "pulling" in soil (lfsm) with light and high humidity as I've already had sucess with a flower stalk and a leaf.
By thepitchergrower
Some plants like flytraps require pullings because they need part of the rhizome to be able to grow. On most sundews, the tentacled section of the leaves can bud. On petiolaris and pygmy sundews, they should be propagated by leaf pulling, because the leaf base is needed for the propagation to be successful.
By Dan V
as long as the vft leaf cuttings have a part of the rhizome I'm good with it - just wasn't sure if a leaf cutting and a leaf pulling both had part of the rhizome attached as I'm not prepared to start a tissue culture.
By Carnies
Updated with some sundew leaf cuttings! Now for sale, some pretty common species, easy for beginners. Shipped in 50ml test tubes, limited stock.
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!