FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By VelvetTooth
Dang if sc is too hot then is there no hope at all for LA in socal? I was planning on putting them inside if it gets too hot and pouring refrigerated water over their roots. Also, does cook’s sell the hardy mountain/Oregon variety?
Last edited by VelvetTooth on Mon May 23, 2022 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Huntsmanshorn
VelvetTooth wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm Dang if sc is too hot then is there no hope at all for LA in socal? I was planning on putting them inside if it gets too hot and pouring refrigerated water over their roots. Also, does cook’s sell the hardy mountain/Oregon variety?
Your average temps in June, July, and August are all within acceptable parameters, so I would think you have a reasonable shot esp. if you are closer to the coast.

Oh, I forgot, I have order from Cooks several times with good results, although they can be very slow.
By VelvetTooth
Huntsmanshorn wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:07 am
VelvetTooth wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm Dang if sc is too hot then is there no hope at all for LA in socal? I was planning on putting them inside if it gets too hot and pouring refrigerated water over their roots. Also, does cook’s sell the hardy mountain/Oregon variety?
Your average temps in June, July, and August are all within acceptable parameters, so I would think you have a reasonable shot esp. if you are closer to the coast.

Oh, I forgot, I have order from Cooks several times with good results, although they can be very slow.
I think they only ship on Tuesdays
By Hang
I've bought multiple VTF from him, i usually buy the 2-3y/o size, small but great price I have to say.
1 year in and mostly are at flowering size as of today.
By elaineo
VelvetTooth wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:17 am
I think they only ship on Tuesdays
Not every Tuesday. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks or more. If you are trying to avoid buying from “people”, I don’t think you will like this shop. It’s just run by one person part time and sometimes they have trouble keeping up with customer service.
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!