FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
Good morning friends.
I made a little error, here's the story. An error was made, here's what may or may not have happened. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
I had ChiefBean had a flower stalk of my his capillaris (Bertioga) get damaged before the flowers bloomed, but they seemed to still be developing. However, after a few weeks, the pods started darkening. This plant has previously produced viable seeds without the flower opening, so the pods were cut and put into an unlabeled origami envelope to finish drying.
ChiefBean also had a spatulata "Tamlin" with ripening pods and, when tapped over a piece of paper, a dozen or so seeds dropped out. Seeing an unmarked packet, I simply ChiefBean simply poured the Tamlin seeds into a convenient place, in with the capillaris pods, without thinking.
Rather than try and separate them (good luck), I am choosing (dang it!) ChiefBean is opting to give them away. Since these definitely contain spat seeds, I would like he would like them to go to a new grower for an easy plant, an almost guaranteed success. The winner may get two types of drosera, maybe only one, the mystery is real y'all!
Standard format (because I'm he's boring)
1. One for the money
2. Two for the show
3. Three to get ready
4. And four to go!
Open to new growers with three months or less in the forum. Clarification: Open to new growers with very few to no plants, not merely new members that already have a decent number of plants.
US addresses, I will ChiefBean will cover postage.
Drawing on or around the weekend.
Aaaaand go.
Sundews69, TrapsAndDews, Intheswamp and 3 others liked this
By Sundews69
Dang it! I'm a month over. Good luck to anyone who can join!
By thepitchergrower
Hey, Chiefbean, I'll make you a deal. Let me join this giveaway, and I'll send in seed from my D x dreamsicle, and D. damnifiknow to the seed bank.

And not to mention, I don't have that many plants... (seriously, you can take a look at my tiny growlist)
Last edited by thepitchergrower on Wed May 18, 2022 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Intheswamp
Well, I could add another pot to the line-up...seems I'm going to have an extra spot or two in the trays.

So, how do we enter the drawing? Any singing involved? I don't tap dance. Most folks don't want me singing, though. I could play a piece on the piano...I used to could do a dozen notes of "Love Story" with two fingers but can't even remember the tune, now. Did I just go off the reservation down a rabbit trail? :?
By ChefDean
thepitchergrower wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:17 pm Hey, Chiefbean, I'll make you a deal. Let me join this giveaway, and I'll send in seed from my D x dreamsicle, and D. damnifiknow to the seed bank.

And not to mention, I don't have that many plants... (seriously, you can take a look at my tiny growlist)
Let's keep this for new growers to get them some fresh seeds for an almost guaranteed success. I still have He still has flowers on both my his Tamlin (which there's a lot of in the seed bank), as well as on my Bertioga. There will be seeds available at a later date, so we y'all can work something out. You send in those as donations to the seed bank, and I'll he'll get you some Bertioga seeds before they go into the bank. Deal?
thepitchergrower liked this
By Cross
Shore_Fancy_Nursery wrote:How do I enter?
1. intheswamp - Thanks ChiefBean!
2. Shore_Fancy_Nursery - just like this! Now you're entered. Praise the chef... I mean Chief.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

By Intheswamp
thepitchergrower wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:27 pm Like this:
Ahhh soooo....so dat's how ya do it!

Sure it wasn't the fear of me breaking out in song???? :lol:
By Cross
Intheswamp wrote:
thepitchergrower wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:27 pm Like this:
Ahhh soooo....so dat's how ya do it!

Sure it wasn't the fear of me breaking out in song???? Image
I have that fear often. Except it's usually powerwolf or Sabaton. I love them so much.

By Karenwithakay
2. Shore_Fancy_Nursery - just like this! Now you're entered. Praise the chef... I mean Chief.
3. Karenwithakay- Have I been entered? :?: :shock:

#Newtothiscommunityandcarnivorousplantgrowing
#Willhopefullypostintheintroductionforumsoon
Intheswamp, za419 liked this
By Cross
Karenwithakay wrote:1. intheswamp - Thanks ChiefBean!
3. Karenwithakay- Have I been entered? :?: :shock:

#Newtothiscommunityandcarnivorousplantgrowing
#Willhopefullypostintheintroductionforumsoon
Indeed my dear, yes you have. Welcome to our forum!

Savethetrees4life liked this
By za419
SephSFX wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:11 am Worth it to participate if I got a packet of mixed rosettes from the seed bank? Image
Well, your mixed rosette packet might or might not have these particular types... But they should be similar (Only Chef can say exactly how similar the packets get).

The real question is, do you have something to do with another packet of sundew seeds? I have a whole corner of my fridge dedicated to seeds I haven't planted yet or need to clean up so I can send them away (possibly to the seed bank).

There's something to be said for not being me :lol:

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!