FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Ani
Hey everyone. I know this probably seems like a silly question, but I am just about to repot my VFT, I have everything set up on the floor that I need, and I was about to put on some latex gloves for handling stuff, but I was wondering if latex gloves are toxic for the plant or the medium??
Thanks for any advice!
By Cross
Although late, I can confirm. I use them to repot every time. Because if I get another piece of perlite jammed under my nail one more time...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ani liked this
By Ani
I made a point of just cutting my nails as short as they could go before hand. We don't have a nail brush right now and I didn't want to deal with having a ton of dirt under there I couldn't get to.
By Cross
Ani wrote:I made a point of just cutting my nails as short as they could go before hand. We don't have a nail brush right now and I didn't want to deal with having a ton of dirt under there I couldn't get to.
I won't lie, I use little scissors to clean under my nails. I've got a dog so we're out often. Somehow I always get diet under my nails.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ani liked this
By MarioRanchi
No worries, your question isn't silly at all. Latex gloves are generally safe to use when repotting Venus Fly Traps (VFTs) as they don't contain harmful chemicals that can harm the plant or the medium. However, it's always a good idea to double-check and make sure the gloves you're using are clean and free of any potential pollutants that could affect your VFT.
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!