FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Lain
Location: 
Posts:  201
Joined:  Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:22 pm
#411393
Cross wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:21 pm Ugh, I feel for you. This time around I slept a lot. I slept probably as much as a puppy lol. But when I was pregnant with all 3 kids I was on bed rest. Being awake but not able to go around the house is so mind numbingly obnoxious. We will have to grow ours and swap pictures frequently.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Yeah being awake not being able to move about freely is sooo exhausting. I plan to celebrate immediately by planting the leaf cuttings that are ready I see a few buds so far in the water.

Everyone here is so generous I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time. In the meanwhile you can just enjoy the little things in life. For me right now it's staring at leaf cuttings and tiny shrimp that are over 20 years old I'd go crazy if I couldn't stare at them all day.
By Sundews69
Location: 
Posts:  1013
Joined:  Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:57 pm
#411402
Oh, man, I'm so sorry to here that @cross! I have a D. Burmannii 'humpty doo' in flower right now and if I have extra seed, I would be more than happy to send some.
User avatar
By Cross
Posts:  1842
Joined:  Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
#411417
Sundews69 wrote:Oh, man, I'm so sorry to here that @cross! I have a D. Burmannii 'humpty doo' in flower right now and if I have extra seed, I would be more than happy to send some.
That would be great. Wishing for seeds!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

By Sundews69
Location: 
Posts:  1013
Joined:  Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:57 pm
#411453
Awesome! If I don't reach out to you in say a month, send me a PM. I probably will have forgotten by then.
By Bug_cemetery
Posts:  64
Joined:  Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:48 pm
#411474
I’ve got sundew seeds that I would be happy to send your way. Tokaiensis, natalensis, and spatulata. Oh and capensis of course. Pm with your address if you are interested
User avatar
By Apollyon
Location: 
Posts:  1599
Joined:  Tue May 05, 2020 2:49 am
#411477
Lol that was my ping, nice call Panman. On that note, when I read this I thought of our trade and I can't remember if there was anything else but I remember you giving me a coquillage. It's still fairly small but I'll see if I can get a leaf cutting from it and get you your plant back, maybe a couple extra goodies when the time comes.
User avatar
By Cross
Posts:  1842
Joined:  Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
#411478
Apollyon wrote:Lol that was my ping, nice call Panman. On that note, when I read this I thought of our trade and I can't remember if there was anything else but I remember you giving me a coquillage. It's still fairly small but I'll see if I can get a leaf cutting from it and get you your plant back, maybe a couple extra goodies when the time comes.
Aw, thanks so much. I hope the Coq is growing well for you. I'm sorry I confused it. But I think I got a package from him at the same time. I probably mixed it up lol.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

User avatar
By elaineo
Location: 
Posts:  798
Joined:  Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 am
#411492
@Cross I'm traveling for the next week but I have VFTs and drosera I can divide up and share with you to get your collection going again. And if you are growing veggies now, I have lots and lots of veggie seeds I can send your way.
User avatar
By Cross
Posts:  1842
Joined:  Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
#411501
elaineo wrote:@Cross I'm traveling for the next week but I have VFTs and drosera I can divide up and share with you to get your collection going again. And if you are growing veggies now, I have lots and lots of veggie seeds I can send your way.
That would be so incredible. Thank you so much Image. It's my first time gardening this year and I had no idea what really goes into all this. I still have to shovel and pick up the compost from our township facilityImage. You smell that facility through the woods lol. I didn't realize how much I would need to fill the bed either!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

elaineo liked this
User avatar
By DragonsEye
Posts:  667
Joined:  Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:22 pm
#411506
Cross wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 am It's my first time gardening this year and I had no idea what really goes into all this.
Check into "lasagna gardening" --- it is SOOOOO much easier.
User avatar
By Cross
Posts:  1842
Joined:  Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:25 pm
#411513
DragonsEye wrote:
Cross wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 am It's my first time gardening this year and I had no idea what really goes into all this.
Check into "lasagna gardening" --- it is SOOOOO much easier.
I got excited a moment there lol. But that's some good reading. It similar to what I've been told but I think this is a better method.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

User avatar
By elaineo
Location: 
Posts:  798
Joined:  Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 am
#411536
Cross wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 am That would be so incredible. Thank you so much Image. It's my first time gardening this year and I had no idea what really goes into all this. I still have to shovel and pick up the compost from our township facilityImage. You smell that facility through the woods lol. I didn't realize how much I would need to fill the bed either!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
I'll PM you my seed list :) It's a great time to start corn, summer squash, and determinate tomatoes!

The last couple of days I have been spraying for s[…]

JohnW Grow List

Just wondering, do you know what gender the hamata[…]

What's the difference?

I got about 6 of them sprouted so far

0988 expired and canceled

Request has expired and been canceled. Seeds retur[…]

0984 expired and canceled

Request has expired and been canceled. Seeds retur[…]

Possible hybrid?

Hey everyone, Is D. spatulata x natalensis a poss[…]

Heat wave

The oreophila is already growing phyllodia...

Dx FL giant (thank you elaineo)

Your plants look great! Did you actually get you[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!