FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Lain
Cross wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:21 pm Ugh, I feel for you. This time around I slept a lot. I slept probably as much as a puppy lol. But when I was pregnant with all 3 kids I was on bed rest. Being awake but not able to go around the house is so mind numbingly obnoxious. We will have to grow ours and swap pictures frequently.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Yeah being awake not being able to move about freely is sooo exhausting. I plan to celebrate immediately by planting the leaf cuttings that are ready I see a few buds so far in the water.

Everyone here is so generous I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time. In the meanwhile you can just enjoy the little things in life. For me right now it's staring at leaf cuttings and tiny shrimp that are over 20 years old I'd go crazy if I couldn't stare at them all day.
By Sundews69
Oh, man, I'm so sorry to here that @cross! I have a D. Burmannii 'humpty doo' in flower right now and if I have extra seed, I would be more than happy to send some.
By Cross
Sundews69 wrote:Oh, man, I'm so sorry to here that @cross! I have a D. Burmannii 'humpty doo' in flower right now and if I have extra seed, I would be more than happy to send some.
That would be great. Wishing for seeds!

By Sundews69
Awesome! If I don't reach out to you in say a month, send me a PM. I probably will have forgotten by then.
By Bug_cemetery
I’ve got sundew seeds that I would be happy to send your way. Tokaiensis, natalensis, and spatulata. Oh and capensis of course. Pm with your address if you are interested
By Apollyon
Lol that was my ping, nice call Panman. On that note, when I read this I thought of our trade and I can't remember if there was anything else but I remember you giving me a coquillage. It's still fairly small but I'll see if I can get a leaf cutting from it and get you your plant back, maybe a couple extra goodies when the time comes.
By Cross
Apollyon wrote:Lol that was my ping, nice call Panman. On that note, when I read this I thought of our trade and I can't remember if there was anything else but I remember you giving me a coquillage. It's still fairly small but I'll see if I can get a leaf cutting from it and get you your plant back, maybe a couple extra goodies when the time comes.
Aw, thanks so much. I hope the Coq is growing well for you. I'm sorry I confused it. But I think I got a package from him at the same time. I probably mixed it up lol.

By elaineo
@Cross I'm traveling for the next week but I have VFTs and drosera I can divide up and share with you to get your collection going again. And if you are growing veggies now, I have lots and lots of veggie seeds I can send your way.
By Cross
elaineo wrote:@Cross I'm traveling for the next week but I have VFTs and drosera I can divide up and share with you to get your collection going again. And if you are growing veggies now, I have lots and lots of veggie seeds I can send your way.
That would be so incredible. Thank you so much Image. It's my first time gardening this year and I had no idea what really goes into all this. I still have to shovel and pick up the compost from our township facilityImage. You smell that facility through the woods lol. I didn't realize how much I would need to fill the bed either!

elaineo liked this
By DragonsEye
Cross wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 am It's my first time gardening this year and I had no idea what really goes into all this.
Check into "lasagna gardening" --- it is SOOOOO much easier.
By Cross
DragonsEye wrote:
Cross wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 am It's my first time gardening this year and I had no idea what really goes into all this.
Check into "lasagna gardening" --- it is SOOOOO much easier.
I got excited a moment there lol. But that's some good reading. It similar to what I've been told but I think this is a better method.

By elaineo
Cross wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 am That would be so incredible. Thank you so much Image. It's my first time gardening this year and I had no idea what really goes into all this. I still have to shovel and pick up the compost from our township facilityImage. You smell that facility through the woods lol. I didn't realize how much I would need to fill the bed either!

I'll PM you my seed list :) It's a great time to start corn, summer squash, and determinate tomatoes!
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!