FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
I had a medical something or other. I've had life or death emergencies lol, so this isn't that bad. But I couldn't do anything, stuck to the couch. It sucked so bad. With the medication, illness, and everything, I couldn't water my plants. I asked my husband, but he was working 12 hour shifts and taking care of me and the kids. He probably forgot or used the wrong water. He had so much on his shoulders and I'm so grateful to have him. But they're dead. Go figure my luck. So I lost 90% of everything. I have my dracs, my ping(Holy sheet that thing is hardy panman!), a Flava or 3(if they take root from the bag and sphagnum moss they've been living in, and three drosera that are at least alive but recovering. I'm so bummed. I can't even afford to rebuild a collection either. I had to resort to growing my own veggies. Garlic is over a dollar a bulb here. It's insane. So I guess I'll have to try to rebuild with the seed bank. This year really sucks so far. Even my motorcycle isn't working. My old job isn't rehiring and the jobs in my area are labor jobs. I'm a 5'3 woman with a sunny disposition lol, so it's harder to get a hire those places. Okay I'm done whining. Just wanted to reestablish here.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Panman liked this
By tracieh
I have some basic seeds and a few basic plants I would love to send! Help you get back on your way again.

Sent from my EC211001 using Tapatalk

By Cross
tracieh wrote:I have some basic seeds and a few basic plants I would love to send! Help you get back on your way again. Image

Sent from my EC211001 using Tapatalk
You're wonderful. I'll pm you.

By Panman
Cross wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:42 pm my ping(Holy sheet that thing is hardy panman!
That's good to hear. I don't remember sending a ping, but there are a lot of things I don't remember these days.
By Cross
Panman wrote:
Cross wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:42 pm my ping(Holy sheet that thing is hardy panman!
That's good to hear. I don't remember sending a ping, but there are a lot of things I don't remember these days.
Lol you did. Pretty darn sure it was you. Pretty sure. I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice. Image

By Panman
Nope, that's Apollyon. That looks like his handwriting as well. His pings are awesome. I just got a couple of new ones from him.
Apollyon liked this
By Lain
Hey! Welcome to the club! You seem to have similar luck to mine. Back in Feb I broke my ankle, fractured my wrist and had a flare up of tendinitis. Also ended up killing most of my plants somehow some vft and a binata ended up surviving.

I so would love to send you some plants if I also wasn't starting over. I'm still stuck in bed wondering when I can walk again but forum members have been so kind and helpful I have a few green things to look after by the bedside.

Maybe we will end up growing stuff at the same time and trade, haha.
By Cross
Cross wrote:
Panman wrote:
Lol you did. Pretty darn sure it was you. Pretty sure. I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice. Image

Hmm. I guess I've been wrong 3 times now. But that's it. No more times wrong any more. I refuse to accept any more lol.

By Cross
Lain wrote:Hey! Welcome to the club! You seem to have similar luck to mine. Back in Feb I broke my ankle, fractured my wrist and had a flare up of tendinitis. Also ended up killing most of my plants somehow some vft and a binata ended up surviving.

I so would love to send you some plants if I also wasn't starting over. I'm still stuck in bed wondering when I can walk again but forum members have been so kind and helpful I have a few green things to look after by the bedside.

Maybe we will end up growing stuff at the same time and trade, haha.
Ugh, I feel for you. This time around I slept a lot. I slept probably as much as a puppy lol. But when I was pregnant with all 3 kids I was on bed rest. Being awake but not able to go around the house is so mind numbingly obnoxious. We will have to grow ours and swap pictures frequently.

By Panman
Lain wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:16 pm I'm still stuck in bed wondering when I can walk again but forum members have been so kind and helpful I have a few green things to look after by the bedside.
I was going to message you to see if you were ready for some goodies, but I guess not.
By Cross
Panman wrote:Nope, that's Apollyon. That looks like his handwriting as well. His pings are awesome. I just got a couple of new ones from him.
Also, I love that you remember the handwriting Image I better write it on the back of the tag lol.

By Panman
Cross wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:22 pm Also, I love that you remember the handwriting Image I better write it on the back of the tag lol.
I recognize it because it is completely legible and the exact opposite of my chicken scratch. I use a label maker for all of my plant stakes because most of the time I can't read my own handwriting.
By Lain
Panman wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:22 pm
Lain wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:16 pm I'm still stuck in bed wondering when I can walk again but forum members have been so kind and helpful I have a few green things to look after by the bedside.
I was going to message you to see if you were ready for some goodies, but I guess not.
Haha I'm getting there. Not going to be fully mobile for at least a few more months it seems but there's hope I can limp in a few weeks! I'm excited!
Panman liked this
By Cross
Panman wrote:
Cross wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:22 pm Also, I love that you remember the handwriting Image I better write it on the back of the tag lol.
I recognize it because it is completely legible and the exact opposite of my chicken scratch. I use a label maker for all of my plant stakes because most of the time I can't read my own handwriting.
That's too funny lol. I'm great with a pen, but a general market makes my writing look terrible. I use a label maker too lol. But then again, I label everything for the fun of it.

By thepitchergrower
Panman wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:24 pm I recognize it because it is completely legible and the exact opposite of my chicken scratch. I use a label maker for all of my plant stakes because most of the time I can't read my own handwriting.
No wonder your labels are always printed... :lol: And I always thought it was because you were an organized and tidy person.

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!