FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
specialkayme wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:07 am
Sundews69 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:47 pm What do you mean by this:
specialkayme wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:59 pm I know some that use those small dollar ultrasonic disks that float in a small tupperware of water.
These: https://www.amazon.com/Atomizing-Transd ... 5286&psc=1
Do I just set those in a small body of water and it makes mist? I'm clueless cause I've never heard of these.
By Sundews69
So I got the heater and hooked it up to the inkbird. Do you have a problem with high humidity causing the heater to malfunction or break? Also, when I have it in the tank and the heater eventually turns off, it never turns back on when the temps get to low. Is this from the heater overheating?
By specialkayme
Sundews69 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:33 am
specialkayme wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:31 am What heater are you using?
The one you linked.
I liked two. Assuming you're talking about the desk heater (https://www.amazon.com/andily-Heater-El ... s9dHJ1ZQ==) and not the ceramic heater (https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Deluxe-In ... C80&sr=8-6), I've used an earlier model of the desk heater in a moderately high humidity environment for two and a half years without any issue. Not all of them are made the same though.

The inkbird has a setting to delay re-cycling of the heating element. Quickly recycling a heating element is a fast way to burn the element out, so it prevents unnecessary wear on the element. It may be preventing the heater from turning on quick enough. You can look at the manual for the inkbird and mess with the settings if you want. Or maybe the desk heater is overheating. There is no way for me to know. Although I've never had my model overheat, and I had it trapped in a small chest freezer running for hours to get the box up over 100 degrees F without any issue, so I think overheating is unlikely (although for safety reasons I don't suggest doing this).
By Sundews69
Ok, would you recommend that I get the heat lamp or keep the heater? I also contacted the company and they said "it is not suitable for professional aquarium equipment". Now I don't know what to do. What are your thoughts? It's not necessarily professional equipment, but still.
By specialkayme
You also aren't using it in an aquarium.

If it isn't working for you, or you don't feel comfortable with it, don't use it. Go to a pet store and talk to a rep about getting a terrarium heater and see what they suggest.
worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!