FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Sundews69
Hey everyone,

I found some little bugs crawling around in my recently germinated VFT and D. binata pots. I tried to get a pic, but couldn't. They almost look like teeny tiny pill bugs. Whenever I try to pick one up, it just jumps to the other side of the pot. I suppose they could be springtails, but I don't really think they look like them and I don't know how they would have gotten into my pots. Should they be a concern? Does anyone know what they are?
By Sundews69
ChefDean wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:25 pm Springtails are the only ones that look like little roly poly's and spring away when disturbed. They're nothing to worry about.
Phew! Thanks!
By Sundews69
Sundews69 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:26 pm
ChefDean wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:25 pm Springtails are the only ones that look like little roly poly's and spring away when disturbed. They're nothing to worry about.
Phew! Thanks!
Oh, man, now I feel bad cause I was catching 'em before and I fed it to a baby VFT!
By ChefDean
Sundews69 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:27 pmOh, man, now I feel bad cause I was catching 'em before and I fed it to a baby VFT!
Don't feel bad. Most of them that inhabit the pots of carnivorous plants tend to end up as food anyway.
Sundews69 liked this
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!