FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sp0nser
I bought some pesticide that california carnivores recommended for mealy bugs(take down garden spray), and i've been using it for a few weeks now. yet the mealy bugs just keep coming! and its spreading throught my sarracenia(it makes it even more annoying since they can hide eggs inside the pitchers).

what do I do?
By Sp0nser
whats annoying about this is the fact that the mealybugs can hide within the pitchers and reproduce there. Its made even more irritaiting by the fact that I am treating a sarracenia psittacina.
By MikeB
thepitchergrower wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:27 pm From my understanding, the mealy bugs have wax that make them waterproof?
Yeah, but the bugs still have to breathe; that's what submerging plants is all about.
By Jason2022
I have mealybugs on my fly traps and cephalotus. Matt from Flytrapstore.com was kind enough to get back to me on what he uses. This is from yesterday February 22 2023.

Mealybugs are a real pain! I've had to deal with them a few times over the last few years and have found that Safari 20 SG works well for me:

https://diypestcontrol.com/safari-20-sg-insecticide

It is quite expensive though! I should start offering small quantities of it on FlytrapStore.com like I do for the miticides. 

Mealys do tend to get in the soil too, so it's best to do a soil drench of them to get rid of them. Just follow the recommended dosage for soil drench in the included instructions. I would tell you the amount but I can't recall it right now 😆

Flytrapstore has the best service from all the retailers I have purchased from!!!
Panman, Supercazzola liked this
By DragonsEye
Jason2022 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:52 am .... Safari 20 SG .... It is quite expensive though!
That is an understatement.

My questions would be what and why? What are you g[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!