FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I'd like to thank NightRaider for a pretty cool donation. He has donated five different packs of various species.
To start, he has donated a pack each of D. spatulata "Tamlin" and D. capensis "Narrow Leaf".
Next, he has given us bulk amounts of D. spatulata "Pink Flower", D. riparia, and (cracks knuckles for a long typing task) D. tomentosa var, glabrata (Serra do Caraça, Minas Gerais, Brazil). OK, maybe that wasn't so long compared to yesterday and a couple of Petiolaris sent by Nep0260. Each bulk pack looks to have about four portions in them, so a few people will have a nice opportunity.
This tomentosa is the variety that has a smooth scape, peach fuzz at most, but turns a nice ruby red in good light.
NightRaider, thank you for your continued generosity.
The tomentosa is available to donors only for the next 48 hours, and all eligible members after that. The rest are immediately available to all eligible members.
Sundews69, Aquis31, John W and 2 others liked this
By Sundews69
Thanks NightRaider! Of course all the cool stuff comes in the day after my May request...welp, I guess I'll next to cross my fingers and hope there are still some left later!
By Intheswamp
Me being a newbie, I had to go find some images of something that had a name like "D. tomentosa var, glabrata (Serra do Caraça, Minas Gerais, Brazil)". Those drosera's much sip on what Medina Spirit sipped on before the Kentucky Derby...they definitely show out! Extra long tentacles loaded with mucilage!!!!! (yeah, I had to google what the sticky stuff is called!<grin>). Cool plants, that's for sure!!!
Sundews69 liked this
By ChefDean
Intheswamp wrote:Extra long tentacles loaded with mucilage!!!!! (yeah, I had to google what the sticky stuff is called!<grin>).
I don't get too fancy, I just call them boogers.
By Intheswamp
:lol:
ChefDean wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:00 am
Intheswamp wrote:Extra long tentacles loaded with mucilage!!!!! (yeah, I had to google what the sticky stuff is called!<grin>).
By Intheswamp
Intheswamp wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:49 am :lol:
ChefDean wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:00 am
:lol: My granddaughter will love that! Her mother and grandmother might not, but... :lol:
By NightRaider
Sundews69 wrote:Thanks NightRaider! Of course all the cool stuff comes in the day after my May request...welp, I guess I'll next to cross my fingers and hope there are still some left later!
If nothing else there should be some more tomentosa added to that soon, that was all from one flower scape but it has another smaller one that just needed another week or two more to dry. Not to mention I've got tons more riparia coming up, but I imagine that'll stick around a bit regardless.

P.S. You didn't hear it from me buuutttt I hear there may be one more very rare species potentially coming up that doesn't appear to have ever been in the seed bank before. Apparently they don't reliably self-seed so no promises, but they were manually pollinated so we'll see if a pack or two shows up next month.
Sundews69 liked this
By Sundews69
NightRaider wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:53 am
Sundews69 wrote:Thanks NightRaider! Of course all the cool stuff comes in the day after my May request...welp, I guess I'll next to cross my fingers and hope there are still some left later!
If nothing else there should be some more tomentosa added to that soon, that was all from one flower scape but it has another smaller one that just needed another week or two more to dry. Not to mention I've got tons more riparia coming up, but I imagine that'll stick around a bit regardless.

P.S. You didn't hear it from me buuutttt I hear there may be one more very rare species potentially coming up that doesn't appear to have ever been in the seed bank before. Apparently they don't reliably self-seed so no promises, but they were manually pollinated so we'll see if a pack or two shows up next month.
*gasp* ;)

Hopefully it's not in tier three. My burmannii flowers are almost all open. I need to donate to request tier 3 and there are only 5 flowers left!

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!