FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By specialkayme
Etsy is better than eBay for the retailer, both in fees and how they treat their sellers. But Etsy isn't a "dream" marketplace. The fees are comparatively high, the shipping options aren't that cheap, and you still need to play the "promotion" game in order to get eyeball time with customers.
elaineo liked this
By davinstewart
Good luck bro! Hope it works out well for you!
Carnies liked this
By Sundews69
John W wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:14 am Awesome! I put in an order! Congrats on the etsy store front opening!
Ooo, what did you get? I would buy something too, but I just fixed my saxophone which I dropped on the floor which cost me a fortune! What a waste of $300!! So I'm definitely not in a financial place to be buying plants!
Carnies liked this
By John W
Sundews69 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:23 am
John W wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:14 am Awesome! I put in an order! Congrats on the etsy store front opening!
Ooo, what did you get? I would buy something too, but I just fixed my saxophone which I dropped on the floor which cost me a fortune! What a waste of $300!! So I'm definitely not in a financial place to be buying plants!
I purchased 5 VFT cuttings! I think it was an 'Alien', 'maroon monster', 'crimson sawtooth', 'Flaming Lips', and a 'sawtooth'.

I purchased 10 dente / akai ryu plants a few months ago to give away as gifts - at this point i've given away more than half to friends just starting out - so hopefully I can propagate these ones succesfully! I also picked up a hamata and vogeli from carnivero today too so these will probably be the last plants I purchase for a long time (hopefully).

Bummer about the saxophone, I always had nightmares about breaking my guitar growing up.
By Sundews69
John W wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:00 am
Sundews69 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:23 am
I purchased 5 VFT cuttings! I think it was an 'Alien', 'maroon monster', 'crimson sawtooth', 'Flaming Lips', and a 'sawtooth'.

I purchased 10 dente / akai ryu plants a few months ago to give away as gifts - at this point i've given away more than half to friends just starting out - so hopefully I can propagate these ones succesfully! I also picked up a hamata and vogeli from carnivero today too so these will probably be the last plants I purchase for a long time (hopefully).

Bummer about the saxophone, I always had nightmares about breaking my guitar growing up.
That's a nice selection! I've really been wanting a hamata and vogelii as well! I just need a nice highland set up first.
By John W
I had been talking with another forum user who claimed it could be done with the lumut form of hamata in an intermediate tent as long as you have the 10 degree temperature drop, so that is what I am attempting. My temperature go between 85 to 70 day/night. An expensive experiment for sure. As long as it survives until October then I can definitely hit the 64 degree temperatures in winter
By Sundews69
Yeah, my temps are about the exact same as yours except my house doesn't get to 85 degrees. Let me know how it goes and maybe I'll consider getting one myself!
John W liked this
By jetfire245
Glad I found your shop!

Understandbly low on stock but I got a shuppensteil and a seed grown along with a dcxl.

Really excited to receive the shuppenstiel. Let's hope it takes.
By Carnies
John W wrote:Awesome! I put in an order! Congrats on the etsy store front opening!
Thank you so much!
Blackfeather666 wrote:congratulations. Good luck on your endeavour. I placed a order hope it helps.
Thank you! I'll get all your orders out in the mailbox tomorrow.
jetfire245 wrote:Glad I found your shop!

Understandbly low on stock but I got a shuppensteil and a seed grown along with a dcxl.

Really excited to receive the shuppenstiel. Let's hope it takes.
Thank you! I'll make sure I get you a good cutting ;)
Blackfeather666 liked this
By za419
Shore_Fancy_Nursery wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:01 pm I would buy some cuttings if you teach me how to prop them
There's an article on the forum about it here: post162748.html#p162748

They're not difficult. The most important thing is to keep the cuttings clean and prevent them from drying out - So strike them in water or in a pot of sphagnum covered for humidity, then acclimate them to normal conditions once they have some leaves (slowly, so they have time to root).

I'd read the whole thing though, it's got better instructions than me...
By Carnies
You can buy a VFT leaf cutting starter kit, which includes a deli portion cup and some live sphagnum. You will need to keep it pretty warm, 70-80 degrees. They form little plantlets in a month or two.
1 year old cape!

Pushing out a flower stalk for the first time. […]

Congratulations! Those are beautiful plants. I&r[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!