FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Nikson
I hate to say it, but that might just be it. I noticed the leaves went from being bright, neon green to like this mushy faded green as well. It's more humid outside than inside, but I think I'll just keep my spatulata inside from now on, I feel like when I grew them outside they didn't like being under the direct Georgian sun that much compared to my growlights.
By Sundews69
It looks like it is doing better! I don't know if this happens with Drosera, but I know VFTs sometimes flower as a last resort. I'm not trying to put you down and I think you're doing a great job. I'm just saying that as an fyi so you're not surprised if something happens.
Nikson liked this
By Nikson
This would be like the 4th time I've cut off flowerstalks on this plant. He's such a problem child. :lol:

Might as well I guess, since he's recovering from heatshock anyways. Thankfully I took 3 leaf pullings from this plant and they're growing up nice and big and strong after propagating them in water. I feel so stupid honestly, it was recovering and super dewy under the lights when I repotted them the first time, should have just left them indoors.
Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!