FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By WhitePanther93
So the other day I ordered a drosera capensis “red”off of predatoryplants.com. The problem is that they sent me a drosera capensis albino. I’m fairly new to this hobby so pleas confirm for me that these are different plants. I’m pretty sure capensis albino was an entirely different plant on their site, but on the other hand I may be wrong and it can turn red.
By thepitchergrower
Pictures? I would suggest contacting them and asking for a refund.
By WhitePanther93
I’ve already contacted them. Still waiting for a response. If anything I’ll see if they can just send me the correct plant.
By WhitePanther93
Now the question is should I pot the plant just to keep it healthy in the meantime? I’m not sure of what their policy is with this sort of situation. Would they want the mistake plant back?
By ChefDean
WhitePanther93 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:50 pm Now the question is should I pot the plant just to keep it healthy in the meantime? I’m not sure of what their policy is with this sort of situation. Would they want the mistake plant back?
Pot it up. Worst case scenario you ship it back. However, I really don't see that happening with a plant that most beginners get, but most growers consider a weed. Most likely they'll send you the correct one after confirmation, then you have two.
thepitchergrower liked this
By optique
Red can look really weird if it is not getting proper light. PP have a YouTube video out about everyone thinks the red capes they sell are not red when they get them do to low lighting and fast growth from feeding.

https://youtu.be/IouSonJgPk4
By WhitePanther93
ChefDean wrote:[quote=WhitePanther93 post_id=410593 time=<a href="tel:1652219427" data-original-title="" title="">1652219427</a> user_id=79161]
Now the question is should I pot the plant just to keep it healthy in the meantime? I’m not sure of what their policy is with this sort of situation. Would they want the mistake plant back?
Pot it up. Worst case scenario you ship it back. However, I really don't see that happening with a plant that most beginners get, but most growers consider a weed. Most likely they'll send you the correct one after confirmation, then you have two.[/quote]

Got a reply today they’re sending me a new plant. Nothing in the email mentioned sending the first one back :mrgreen:
ChefDean liked this
worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

a table with under bed totes painted white used […]

These are argentine ants, to the best of my know[…]

Mixing small amounts of miticide

maybe make an intermediate stock solution that you[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!