FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By za419
I'd imagine several, especially if Chef is willing to mix more from existing stock... But honestly I expected the mixed rosettes to still be in the inventory halfway through May, so clearly my attempts to psychically divine the Will of Chef aren't working.

Perhaps I need to buy new sage :lol:
Sundews69 liked this
By ChefDean
Who knows?
I've been putting about 100-ish seeds in per pack, and there are only five or six Cape varieties in there. However, some varieties had multiple packs put into the mix.
It'll be gone when it runs out.
za419 wrote:I expected the mixed rosettes to still be in the inventory halfway through.
I pulled the listing because it was so popular, but there was less in there than the mixed Capes. After all the existing requests get fulfilled, it may make a reappearance.
za419 wrote:Perhaps I need to buy new sage :lol:
"Sage", yeah, "sage".
za419 liked this
By Panman
ChefDean wrote:After all the existing requests get fulfilled, it may make a reappearance.
Let us know if you think you are going to keep it. I'll stop cutting the flower stalks off of my mystery dews.
Blackfeather666 liked this
By ChefDean
Panman wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:47 pm
ChefDean wrote:After all the existing requests get fulfilled, it may make a reappearance.
Let us know if you think you are going to keep it. I'll stop cutting the flower stalks off of my mystery dews.
I'm thinking of keeping it. I'm just undecided if it's popular because it just the newest thing, or if it's actually something that people are genuinely going to want long term.
By Sundews69
Ok, I'll keep my eye open for when they're back! I would request them as a bonus, but I guess I'll need to wait and just stick with mixed capes!
By Sundews69
Oh, and when an item on the seed bank has "bulk" next to it, it means there is an abundance of it, right?
By ChefDean
Sundews69 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:26 pm Oh, and when an item on the seed bank has "bulk" next to it, it means there is an abundance of it, right?
Bulk means that it isn't separated into packs for any of a number of reasons. However, it doesn't necessarily mean an abundance, it might only have a few portions left, it just hasn't gotten down to the last.
By za419
ChefDean wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:56 pm I'm thinking of keeping it. I'm just undecided if it's popular because it just the newest thing, or if it's actually something that people are genuinely going to want long term.
For what it's worth, I've got a friend who wanted to join the forums just to request the Tier 0 mixed rosettes :lol:

Personally, I chose them for practical reasons - I wanted a rosetted sundew seed pack in case the Aliciae cutting continues not striking, and I wasn't feeling picky. But that's all the reasoning I have for seed bank packs - "Oh that's cool, I don't have that, it's pretty!"

It's probably more popular for being new and flashy, but I imagine that as you get further down the rabbit hole it's easier to say (and care) if you want burmannii Hong Kong, or Red, or Perlata, or just burmannii, or sessilifolia... But if you're just trying to branch out from that deathcube flytrap you managed to keep alive, I imagine you'd find a lot of value in your choices being easy-to-read "Mixed easy plants that look something like X" packs instead of being 'species "Variety"' that you need to look up to figure out if you like it and will be able to take care of it...

Or at least that's my take on the matter. I'll go stop telling people who have more experience how to run a seedbank now :?
By Sundews69
Oh geez, I realized I asked for bonus mixed rosettes in my SASE! I did say that if I couldn't have mixed rosettes , mixed capes would be fine, but the mixed rosette were preferred. Sorry! I'll definitely understand if I can't have mixed rosettes though.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!