FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
Since this is the OP seed of a hybrid, you can expect 25% or less to exhibit the dreamsicle properties. The majority will be filiformis to tracyi to all spectrums in between. Plus, even though it's a subtropical variety, a four week stratification will improve germination rates.
I'll make sure to send a healthy amount so you get a good spread.

Order received.
Your order number is 0948.
I'll PM you shortly with a mailing address for your SASE.
Thank you for your order.

Reminder to all:
Please remember to write your Forum username and order number somewhere on the envelope or in a note.
I don't have access to a cross reference of real-world names linked to usernames.
Remembering these things helps me fill orders quicker.
Thank you.

Happy growing,
Chef
Shadowtski, John W liked this
By ChefDean
Some donors mark their packs, some don't. In this case, they didn't mark it.
However, because I'm like a Sherlock Holmes with better teeth and a bigger belly, these were sent in by Apollyon.
Also, the mother of these seeds are dreamsicle, and the possible fathers are "Florida Red", tracyi, or self, so these could be quite different from seed to seed.
Shadowtski, John W liked this
By John W
I wish I had good news, but a squirrel knocked the whole thing off my deck about two weeks after I took them out of the fridge and I lost them all. I purchased some seeds from the ICPS store and they have germinated just fine, although now in my greenhouse.
By Intheswamp
TREE RATS!!!! :evil:

Sorry that you had the bad accident with the seeds. I'm hoping to get some started...I'm trying to figure out whether to plant and stratify in the same pot or to stratify in a moist paper towel and ziplock. Did you stratify the seeds you got from the ICPS store?
John W liked this
By John W
😭 I know right, it is my first experience with squirrels and bogs, but have heard even worse stories than mine. I am happy that birds haven’t stolen all my sphagnum at least.

Yes I did, I had great germination rates as well. I did end up moving them into the greenhouse after they germinated outside and haven’t checked to see how they are doing in a while but can update when I get home. I think I stratified for 30-40 days on a moist paper towel. The seeds are really small like typical drosera
Intheswamp liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!