FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By felinefancier87
I received an Alice Sundew a few weeks ago and placed it inside a large produce container with ventilation holes, sitting in a small tray of water, next to a fly trap neighbour in dried sphagnum moss. It was initially doing great and producing dew. I later changed the dried sphagnum moss to live moss sitting in a bit of water. The overall humidity was too high (which I only realized after buying a humidity gauge, like in the 80 percents or higher). The Alice Sundew completely died.

I cut off the top dead foliage and adjusted conditions until now the sundew is sitting in a tray of water in an open jar to keep some humidity but not a lot. A year ago I accidentally killed a Spoon Leafed Sundew similarly: I gave it too much humidity.

Can the Alice Sundew recover and produce a new plant from the roots if I keep it under the new conditions for a while, or is there no hope for it recovering?
Attachments:
20220508_103134.jpg
20220508_103134.jpg (3.11 MiB) Viewed 1245 times
By felinefancier87
A question about this. How can I make the new plant grow into an adult more quickly? Last year when I tried just planting the roots of my dead drosera spatulata (vertically) it sprouted new baby plants but I was unable to get them to reach maturity and eventually gave up.
Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Hello all 👋 as post says looking to procure a Regi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!