FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Astral_Revenant
I'm growing a pitcher plant with a sundew & venus flytrap. Which led bulb would be best for optimal growth? That is all. Thanks for reading, have a nice day! 8-)
By Panman
What type of pitcher plant are you talking about? Generally speaking I have only heard of Sarracenia rosea being grown indoors with lights. The biggest problem that you will find with trying to user artificial lights with that selection of plants is that pitcher plants, even purpureas, are much taller than a typical sundew or flytrap. That means that the light source will be farther away from those plants than it is from the pitcher plant. If you have to have them growing under lights, then you will need to have two different setups, one for the sarr and one for the others. Since you used the term "bulb", I am assuming that you are talking about a screw in light? If so, I don't think you are going to find anything that will work well for any of those plants mentioned.
By Astral_Revenant
Thanks for the reply! Alright, I'll find the right bulbs then. For now, I'll use the led bulb I have for now. I thought a stronger one could be better.
By WONE
Seeds and Greens model works fine. The flower/Fruit one contains more red light in its spectrum to aid in Fruit/Flower yield. However, their 'balanced' Seeds and Greens model contains a fair bit of red too.
By specialkayme
Astral_Revenant wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:48 pm Flowers & Fruit or Seeds & Greens? Thank you for the help.
Seeds & Greens would be better (although you could probably use either).
By MikeB
A SANSI full-spectrum LED bulb, 24W or 36W, would work well, too.
By Astral_Revenant
Thanks for the help everyone, I went with the seeds & greens. Does anyone know a good thing to buy(Like a metal stand up pole), to attach an aluminum clamp light to it?
By specialkayme
I would wait until you get the lightbulb, then go to lowes or home depot and look.

The bulb is heavier than you think it would be. I got a desk lamp (like you see in the Pixar movies) for mine when I got it. The bulb was too heavy for the lamp to keep up (plus the light would have been too close anyway). Eventually I went with this https://www.lowes.com/pd/allen-roth-76- ... 1000865718, mainly to appease the Mrs. Even still, the bulb is heavy enough that the lamp at full extension is a little top heavy. Works great though.

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!