FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By thepitchergrower
Something to tell my younger cousins in Singapore about...Perhaps they'll be interested.
Last edited by thepitchergrower on Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sundews69
Yeah, that was awesome!
Carnies liked this
By Ewreck
Wow that was pretty cool. I noticed his pots weren’t very deep tho or maybe it just looked that way. Also he said his plants are fine being watered with tap water I’m curious now what his PPMs of his tap water are. Imagine not having to use RO or distilled water(for those of us unlucky enough to have hard tap water anyways)
Carnies liked this
By jiege
Beware of this person. He is quite well known in our sg Cp community for spreading misleading info about vft.
Not going to say anymore about him.

Regards, Kevin
By thepitchergrower
See what he says about 'Maroon Monster'

"Features:

Officially released on 13 June 2018 by SGVenusFlytrap! Research on tissue culturing this special cultivar in Singapore can dated back to 2016! Everyone(including myself) also wants to have a VFT that is colourful, vigorous, and having BIG traps! I started breeding Fine teeth x Red but I found a superior Cultivar over Fine teeth x red! It is MAROON MONSTER!

Maroon Monster has thicker and more robust leaf growth. It has the intensely dark red trap interiors of Pink Venus, but with much larger traps and plant diameter, and much more vigorous growth. It has deep maroon traps inside and outside with contrasting lime-green edged traps like Royal Red, but with sturdier leaves, larger traps and more rapid growth."
By TrapsAndDews
I found this suspisious:

FlytrapStore:
FTS Maroon Monster has thicker and more robust leaf growth than Akai Ryu. • FTS Maroon Monster has the intensely dark red trap interiors of Pink Venus, but with much larger traps and plant diameter, and much more vigorous growth. • FTS Maroon Monster has deep maroon traps inside and outside with contrasting lime-green edged traps like Royal Red, but with sturdier leaves, larger traps and more rapid growth.
SGVenusFlytrap:
Maroon Monster has thicker and more robust leaf growth. It has the intensely dark red trap interiors of Pink Venus, but with much larger traps and plant diameter, and much more vigorous growth. It has deep maroon traps inside and outside with contrasting lime-green edged traps like Royal Red, but with sturdier leaves, larger traps and more rapid growth.
Carnies liked this
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!