FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By VelvetTooth
MikeB wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:04 am I've done a few orders from Flytrap King. My last order was a month ago, Sarracenia leucophylla x moorei that was shipped bare-root; nice size and already growing well. Three months ago, I ordered a couple Sarracenia flava "Extreme Throat" x flava "Killer" plants and a Sarracenia alata, open-pollinated, all of them in 2.5-inch / 64-millimeter pots. I've been very pleased with everything that I got from him.

Personally, I prefer to get my plants bare-rooted:
  • The shipping cost is less.
  • The existing pot is often way too small for future growth (like the flava's and alata above).
  • The plant goes in my fresh soil for a new start.
  • I know exactly how long the plant has been in this soil.
On a side note: Does anyone else see the irony in calling yourself "Flytrap King" when you only have one flytrap in your plant catalog, and it's a typical? :roll:
I thought shipping was always $12 regardless of bare root or not?
By ChefDean
VelvetTooth wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:00 am Is there a reason why flytrapking only ships bare root to these states? Or do they supply pots and the medium too?
I suppose you could always ask the shipper why they ship the way they do. My thoughts would be that, if they respond, they could explain to you exactly why rather than you getting a lot of speculating. (I know, old school thinking, "Thanks Boomer")
I know that a lot of people on this forum are smart (even Pandude), but nobody is a mind reader yet. Maybe a tincture made from the autumnal leftovers that are the thousands of bug carcasses in Sarracenia pitchers might grant telepathic powers.
thepitchergrower liked this
All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

rotted S. purpurea rhizome??

www.hccarnivorousplants.co.uk Wow. I wish we […]

SASE is winging its way to you as we speak. Thanks[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!