FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Wow. Would love to see it in person.

I also like how he says that flytraps' meals are more of a vitamin supplement, and that they're actual "food" comes from photosynthesis.
By WONE
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:02 am Wow. Would love to see it in person.

I also like how he says that flytraps' meals are more of a vitamin supplement, and that they're actual "food" comes from photosynthesis.
Hmm yes, that could be an interesting little trial to do this coming grow season :)
By teresia
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:02 am Wow. Would love to see it in person.

Well yeah just like sugar or carbohydrate to us human, to supply energy to every cell of the body. But without vitamins and minerals, human, animals, and plants will mallnourished, stunted growth, can lead to a variety of health problems, and early demise.
By teresia
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:58 pm Oh I knew. I just liked the way he put it. Sometimes I see beginners afraid of not feeding their plants enough like they're going to starve.
If they grow them in peat:sand, they should not to worry. Peat contains some sort of nutrients on it. If they grow them in 100% silica sand like me, and with pure water, feeding flytrap is must. They literary stop growing without it. New leaf and trap development were very slow, sometimes stopped completely.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Oh really? I've never heard of that before. Thanks for the insight. Of course though, there are very few beginners who are growing flytraps in pure sand!

How long have you been growing them like that?
By teresia
_-SphagnumFromHell-_ wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:53 am Oh really? I've never heard of that before. Thanks for the insight. Of course though, there are very few beginners who are growing flytraps in pure sand!

How long have you been growing them like that?
+3 year. I grow plants in my apartment with small balcony. I dislike soils and peat. I use non-organic medium for everything. Pumice for succulents, leca for orchids, silica sand for fly traps. I use zeroWater filter or megahome distiller to purify their water.
Carnies liked this

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!