FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Freebies, raffles, etc. for plants or growing supplies

Moderator: Matt

By hollyhock
OK here's your history lesson for the day.

On April 1, 1700, English pranksters begin popularizing the annual tradition of April Fools’ Day by playing practical jokes on each other.

Although the day, also called All Fools’ Day, has been celebrated for several centuries by different cultures, its exact origins remain a mystery.
These pranks included having paper fish placed on their backs and being referred to as poisson d’avril (April fish), said to symbolize a young, “easily hooked” fish and a gullible person.

April Fools’ Day spread throughout Britain during the 18th century. In Scotland, the tradition became a two-day event, starting with “hunting the gowk,” in which people were sent on phony errands (gowk is a word for cuckoo bird, a symbol for fool) and followed by Tailie Day, which involved pranks played on people’s derrieres, such as pinning fake tails or “kick me” signs on them.

Some historians speculate that April Fools’ Day dates back to 1582, when France switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, as called for by the Council of Trent in 1563. People who were slow to get the news or failed to recognize that the start of the new year had moved to January 1 and continued to celebrate it during the last week of March through April 1 became the butt of jokes and hoaxes.

So as promised I'm having a little April fool's day giveaway :lol:

Here's how it goes. You tell me the best prank. And here I want to tell you. Simple is better :D.
For example :
Place bubble wrap under the bathroom mat.. :lol:
Hit the edge of the toilet paper roll with hairspray. :lol:
And here's one I pulled. I took a small helium balloon and put it in the toilet. And closed the lid. Well the next person in to go was startled to say the least.
Anyway you get it? The prank with the most likes from your peers wins :D :D :D :D
And yes I will cover shipping. No joke :D
You may start posting your best prank idea. And I'm sure creative and original will win. Good luck everyone
By thepitchergrower
A ton of Nestle chocolate powder and Nutella into the toilet. Add some streaks of nutella all over the toilet seat, and occasionally on the walls. Explosive case of ..... :shock:
IoanAdam, elaineo liked this
By Panman
I still go with the old tried and true. Put a rubber band around the spray nozzle on the kitchen sink. When the water turns on, WHOOSH, instant shower.
thepitchergrower, ChefDean, hollyhock and 2 others liked this
By ChefDean
I unscrewed the shower head, dismantled it, removed the flow restrictors and as many of the "guts" as I could. I then filled it up with broken Butter Rum Life Savers and reinstalled it in the shower. They dissolve slowly, and don't put much aroma off as they do (which is usually overridden by the smells of soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc.), so it's a great trap for the next one in, maybe two.
You don't feel much in the shower, but there's a layer of candy film that stays on the skin, so your skin is immediately sticky after toweling off. Plus, it is also in the hair, and gets very sticky and stiff when the heat of a hair dryer is applied.
If you're really lucky, the same person jumps back in to try and quickly wash it off two or three times before it is gone.
You have to let the hot water run for about 30 minutes to make sure it's all dissolved out of there in the end.
By hollyhock
thepitchergrower wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:33 pm A ton of Nestle chocolate powder and Nutella into the toilet. Add some streaks of nutella all over the toilet seat, and occasionally on the walls. Explosive case of ..... :shock:
You asked me to start early ???? :lol:
By hollyhock
Chef Dean if I had to take off the shower head to do this prank. I would be asking for help to get it back on. And I can never find that roll of white nylon tape. But I have a half dozen of them here and there :lol:
ChefDean liked this
By Sundews69
Panman wrote:I still go with the old tried and true. Put a rubber band around the spray nozzle on the kitchen sink. When the water turns on, WHOOSH, instant shower.
I was gonna say that! I've never done an April fools day prank, but what if you set an alarm in a siblings room for 12am, 1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, and 5am and if you have an Alexa or Google home, then name them as "April Fools!!". What do you think?
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Here's a good one: Dump out all the Listerine from the bottle and fill it back up with blue Gatorade :lol:
hollyhock, TrapsAndDews, IoanAdam and 1 others liked this
By Bill Phoenix
if that annoying neighbor who always walks into your house comes back again, shoot them with a toy gun in the forehead, and ice the stair so they slip.

If they went to the basement, drop an iron on them. If they manage to crawl their way up, put a nail in the way so they step on it with full force. When they sneak through the windows, place glass Christmas ornaments underneath so they step on them. Add marbles so they slip and fall. When they get up, knock 'em out with a slabs of cement. Drop a hairy tarantula onto 'em for good measure. Hit them with a crowbar.

if they decided to go through the front door, heat the handle so much that they get 3rd-degree burns on their palms. After that, turn down the oven handle heat..? and set a torch above their head. If they get inside after that, humiliate them by covering them with feathers. Add toy cars so they slip and fall. Knock 'em out with a bucket of paint. Slap them with a crowbar.

i know you said you wanted it short but-
By hollyhock
Bill Phoenix wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:25 pm if that annoying neighbor who always walks into your house comes back again, shoot them with a toy gun in the forehead, and ice the stair so they slip.

If they went to the basement, drop an iron on them. If they manage to crawl their way up, put a nail in the way so they step on it with full force. When they sneak through the windows, place glass Christmas ornaments underneath so they step on them. Add marbles so they slip and fall. When they get up, knock 'em out with a slabs of cement. Drop a hairy tarantula onto 'em for good measure. Hit them with a crowbar.

if they decided to go through the front door, heat the handle so much that they get 3rd-degree burns on their palms. After that, turn down the oven handle heat..? and set a torch above their head. If they get inside after that, humiliate them by covering them with feathers. Add toy cars so they slip and fall. Knock 'em out with a bucket of paint. Slap them with a crowbar.

Wow you missed the KISS instructions :D :lol:
By za419
Make sure you're the first one up, or in the office, et cetera.

Then swap out the coffee for decaf. Immediately after making enough for yourself, of course...
Panman, Lain liked this
By elaineo
Bill Phoenix wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:25 pm if that annoying neighbor who always walks into your house comes back again, shoot them with a toy gun in the forehead, and ice the stair so they slip.

Wasn't this the plot of Home Alone? okay, now THAT is a funny joke :D
Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!